Maritza Ramos- Flirting (c)

You let out a dramatic moan as you took another spoonful of the casserole that was for dinner. Since you had been in Lichfield Penitentiary, one of the things that you missed the most was having food that actually tasted of something. It wasn't the inmates in the kitchen's fault it all tasted like the colour beige as they weren't given much to work with but that didn't mean that it was any less boring to eat every day.

Casserole wasn't on the menu originally but with the ingredients given, Maritza had pulled everything together to make a dinner that was pleasant, which was a lot for the food usually served. There was actual flavour to the dish and beyond that, you were enjoying it, although it could be aided by your fondness for the person who had made it.

"This is amazing," you smiled. "How did you manage to make something that is actually enjoyable, when usually it barely resembles food?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe it's because I have the best sous chef."

You exchanged compliments of the work done in the kitchen along with simply complimented each other. It may have become a little flirtatious, but you didn't think that she meant anything of it. You had liked Maritza a bit more than you should like a friend since you had met but you doubted that she could ever like you as anything more than a friend; heck, you were shocked she liked you as a friend.

Quickly the two of you ended up going back to the work you were meant to be doing in the kitchen, but it wouldn't last long.

"Why did you two stop?" Flaca announced. "Keep flirting."

You could feel your cheeks becoming a bright red at her words. You didn't want to tell Maritza how you felt as you feared it would end up with you being hurt emotionally or physically from her turning you away. Although Flaca was Maritza best friend and if she thought that she was flirting, maybe she did feel something for you but there wasn't anything you could to find out without telling her how you truly felt.

"Flaca!" Maritza berated, shaking her head at her best friend, a smirk upon her lips. "Don't get involved in my flirting."

Maritza turned back to you and winked, sending your heart into a flutter and your hopes to the roof. Maybe there was a chance for the two of you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.