Chapter 11

*Sara Pov*

Did I give up? I don't know....

Did I get the closure? I don't know....

Can I move on? I don't know.....    

Can I forget the feelings I have for him completely? I don't know......

Have I done the right thing? I definitely don't know.....

But what I know is that I am protecting my heart and It is not a crime to do that. That's all I know for now.

When he said he too liked me and even love me, I completely want to forget everything and tell him that I too love him. But I couldn't because I don't trust him that he will not misunderstand me again.

I was moved by his today's gesture of planning a surprise. But I don't want surprises from him or any other things. I only want him to make me trust him that he will not hurt me again like ever.

Next day morning when I was almost ready to go to office, someone knocked the door.

"Come in." after I said that my room door was open and to my surprise Bhai was standing there.

"Is there anything you need Bhai?" I asked him and gesturing him to come inside.

"I want to talk to you." He replied.

"About?"

"Ashwin.." He started but I cut him off and said "What about him?" I asked nervously.

"I know everything Sara. He told me. Infact I was the one that asked dad to allow them for two days here."

I am completely shocked "Why?"

"Because I thought that when he explains himself and if you forgive him, You both will be happy together." He replied.

"But.." I couldn't complete as he held his hand and said "I know he did a mistake. He shouldn't have thought about you like that even for few hours or minutes or even seconds when he knows that he like you at that time itself. But don't you want to give him even a little chance."

"Bhai it would have been different if he thought about me like that when he doesn't know me properly and I was some stranger to him. But that's not the case. We were friends at that time and he knows me maybe not completely but enough. And why are you supporting him Bhai? Didn't you see how hurt I was?" I asked him.

"I saw that and that's why I supported him to make you accept him. Because I thought he will take all your pain away and give you the happiness you deserve. I am not saying that I am ok that because of him you are hurt but I am saying that because of him you may forget the pain and get happiness." He replied.

"I can understand your concern Bhai. But how can I when no matter how much I prepare myself I couldn't ignore the fact that I don't trust him completely. I fear that if misunderstandings happen in future he would again believe them and break my trust again." I told him.

"I can understand and forgive me for bringing him here." He told me apologetically.

"No Bhai you don't have to apologize. Your intention Is good one and you did a right thing. Now as everything is crystal clear about what actually happened, I don't have to feel awkward anymore. Now I can totally enjoy your wedding and the preparations." I said smiling.

"I am glad. And I will not talk about him again near you ok. I will support you in every decision." He said.

"Thanks Bhai." I said.

He nodded and left the room. There is a little nagging in my head thinking that maybe he is right. Maybe I will be happy with Ashwin. Maybe I will trust him eventually after accepting him.