Chapter 23

*Sara Pov*

My dad composed himself and said "But as we can see you already have Sara's hand in your hand. What else do you need?" joking.

Dad is this the time to joke?? Someone is asking my hand in marriage and you are joking.

Everyone was laughing at this except ofcourse me and Ashwin. Dad saw my expression and said "I would love to but Sara doesn't want to get married so we can't say anything. If you want I will search a wonderful bride for you."

"No. I want to marry him." I said immediately.

"Sara don't say yes feeling pressured. We will give you time to be ready. In the mean time we will search a bride for Ashwin." Dad said.

I looked at Ashwin and saw that he is not saying anything and enjoying the moment. So I said "You are right Dad. I shouldn't have said yes. Let's search for the bride for him." Taking my hand away from his.

Everyone looked at me shocked even Ashwin. What you can only enjoy this?

"Ok good night I will go and sleep and you all can try to search for that perfect person." I said and backed away from them.

"Sara!!" came the shout from Ashwin, Bhai, Maggy and surprisingly from Mom.

"Yes?" I replied innocently.

"What are you doing?" Ashwin asked me.

"I am doing what my father asked me to do." I replied shrugging.

Suddenly we heard someone laughing and we turned around and saw that Di clutching her stomach and laughing like there is no tomorrow.

When she saw that we all are looking at her, she composed herself and said "Sorry. I just I never saw this much drama live so I couldn't control myself."

"So shall I leave?" I asked them.

"You wait Sara." My mom said and turned towards my dad she said "She finally said that she will get married and you are just spoiling it."

"So Ashwin you really want to marry her. No second thoughts. Are you sure?" my Dad asked.

"Dad!!" came the reply from Maggy and Rithesh.

"Yeah Ashwin. Are you sure? If you have any second thoughts tell us now itself." I too asked Ashwin.

"Sara!! I love you and I want to marry you." He said immediately to me and turned towards my Dad who is just smiling at him.

When I looked at all the adults they are doing the same. Do they know something we don't know?

"Actually I already talked about your both marriage with Mr.Rao and he kind of blurted out that you both liked each other before. So I thought of talking about it tomorrow morning but I guess I don't have to." My Dad said clearing ours confusion.

Mr.Rao is just standing there smiling sheepishly at us. We all just laughed at that.

"So you guys will look for the dates right?" Ashwin asked our parents.

"Keerthi's wedding will be held in one month and after that immediately we will get you both married. But as for remaining functions why don't we do the both of them at a time." Dad suggested Mr.Rao.

"Yeah it is a good thing to do. This time we will conduct the wedding and you do the functions. It will be easy like that." Mr.Rao replied.

"And you both have no say in all this because we already did Rithesh's marriage simple but we want to conduct this more than simple." My Dad said.