Nine ~ Broken

Alec.

It had felt so incredible. It was Alec's first kiss and it had been worth waiting. If kissing always felt so good then he didn't want to do anything else. But somehow he knew that it would only be this incredible with Magnus.

He couldn't deny it any longer, the Warlock made him feel things from which he hadn't even known that a human could feel. He had felt fireworks, just like people described it in the cheesy books which Izzy sometimes read.

He had felt safe, protected as if he was where he was supposed to be. As if all in his life had led him to this man.

He heard the doubting voices scream in his head:
He's a guy.
He's a Warlock.
He's hundreds of years old.
He had thousands of relationships.

But Alec had pushed them away. He had decided to stay in the here and now, the beautiful reality where he was kissing Magnus and Magnus was kissing him back.

But then Magnus had pushed him away. Alec's heart had started hurting, a lot. He didn't like this new strange feeling. What had he done wrong?

Magnus suddenly looked at him in shock, as if Alec would have transformed into something else, something Magnus didn't like. Alec felt a lump in his throat.

He was just playing with you.
He doesn't even like you, who would?
You are disgusting.

Who would have known that one could have the most beautiful feelings at one moment and be devastated at the next. Alec waited for Magnus to explain it to him. Alec wanted to hear that he hadn't done anything wrong, wanted the Warlock to put his strong arms around him, wanted his soft lips on his again.

Magnus had moved away from Alec and sat now on the other end of the couch. He stared at the wall, his face a blank canvas. If only Alec could read his mind.

"It's not your fault." He finally stated but didn't look him into the eyes.

"Well.. something must be wrong.."

"I'm going out." Magnus suddenly said and stood up. "I'll bring some lunch.." He went to the door to get his coat.

"Where are you going?" Alec asked and he could hear his voice crack. He felt so horrible. He felt horrible because he had gotten rejected, rejected by the only person in this world from whom he had ever wanted something from. He felt devastated because Magnus couldn't manage to look him into the eyes anymore, because he left him alone in this big, new apartment.

"Out." Magnus repeated, his voice cold as ice. "Don't try to escape, you wouldn't come far." He added and then was already out the door.

Alec couldn't move. He could just sit there, left in shock. Then it hit him and he felt tears, burning in his eyes. He leaned back and looked at the ceiling.

Why me?
What did I do to deserve this?
Not only got kidnapped but I also fell in love with my kidnapper.
Love?
No, not love.
Or is that what you call it?
It didn't matter anymore.

After what felt like hours, Alec managed to get up and went into one of the guest rooms, just to lay down on the bed. He just felt empty. This feeling was much worse that the sadness or the despair from before. He closed his eyes and wished he would never open them again.

***
"Alec.. hey.." A hand touched his arm and shook him slightly. "Wake up, it's late afternoon"

Alec opened his eyes and stared into the most stunning golden eyes, this world could offer.