Thirteen ~ Cold

Alec.

Alec had never been so unsure. He never fought with himself as hard as he did now. Everyone had told him that they knew what's best for him but did they really?

When Magnus and Alec had left in the morning he had been sure that he wouldn't tell. How could he? Magnus had opened up to him, he had been honest with him. He had never hurt Alec during his captivity. Alec couldn't bear the thought of Magnus getting taken away and thrown into prison.

He had been worried that he might change his mind when he would see his parents. But all he had felt for them in that moment was rage. It was their fault that he couldn't be himself. It was their fault that Alec had gotten kidnapped, his farther had looked at him as if it was his. He felt some sort of satisfaction as he saw the reactions of his mother, caused by his words. She really seemed hurt. The satisfaction soon gave way to regret, regret and pity for his mother, when he saw his father's unmoved and cold face, he just wanted to scream at him.

Doubts had started to crawl in his head when his sister had spoken to him with her loving, caring voice and they had deepened when Jace had held his speech.

We understand that you are confused and that you think the person who did that to you is .. I don't know.. nice, but Alec, you have to trust us on this okay?

Was that true? Was Alec just confused and too focused on Magnus, that he couldn't see the big picture? Was Magnus in reality cruel and evil and Alec just saw what he wanted to see? Was that how this illness worked? But how could he be sure?

Should he trust his brother? Who he had known for more than ten years? Trust Clary, his brother's girlfriend and her knowledge about mental illness, coming from a movie? Trust his loving sister who had always been there for him and always will be, no matter what?

Or should he throw the life he had known away and trust Magnus? Magnus, the beautiful warlock who had turned his whole world upside down. Magnus, who made him feel alive for the first time. Around Magnus he felt safe, like everything was fine or was going to be. It felt like home.

He thought about the feeling of kissing him. Could a protection mechanism of his body create such an overwhelming feeling? He doubted it, but his judgement could be clouded.

You are confused right know.. you can't clear your thoughts, but I can and I know what's best for you.

He didn't have proof that his feelings were real. He also didn't have proof that they were fake. What was he supposed to do?

You love him. You' have never loved before, you must do anything in your powers to fight for it. A voice said in his head.

You don't really love him, it's just fake. When you leave now, Magnus will get away with it. He chained you to a wall. He cursed you with a potion that chained you to him. What if he is the one who put a spell on you? What if it's neither the syndrome, nor came naturally but was just a love spell to prevent you from telling on him. He flirted with you from the beginning, he had planned all this. You must be stronger and fight this. Tell them! The second voice was much louder and seemed so sure about everything.

Alec realized that everyone around him held their breath, including himself. His siblings looked at him expectantly and pitiful. He wondered what Magnus must think right now.

 He wondered what Magnus must think right now