Eighteen ~ Call

Magnus.

Magnus was getting sick of the city. It had been interesting to visit all the tourist places and go shopping but  it had gotten pretty boring pretty quick. He was also alone the whole day because Raphael was sleeping.

His loneliness didn't quite support his intention to forget about Alec. At least Raphael was visiting all the tourist places at night and in the rare moments that both of them were fully awake they got to exchange their experiences.

Since their last talk after their arrival, they had avoided the topic of finding a way to clear their names and return back to New York on purpose. It was because neither of them could think of a way to fix it.

Magnus was sitting in the mall, when his phone buzzed. He had felt especially alone today and had bought way too many shoes to help him feel better. No he was the proud owner of some dark green patent shoes, some pink fluffy slippers, some sneakers who lighted up as he walked and some cherry red boots. The cherry red had reminded him of Alec, wearing his T-shirt and of times when things hadn't gotten out of control that much. It hadn't helped.

He looked at his phone and expected another text from Catarina

He looked at his phone and expected another text from Catarina. They had been chatting for a while because she had suggested to find the vampire that had really killed the mundanes in order to clear Raphael's name. It was a pretty good idea but Catharina hadn't found anything yet. The clave knew how close she and Magnus were and was watching every step of the woman. That matter didn't exactly made Magnus feel any better.

But it wasn't Catarina it was an unknown number. Magnus opened the text message and gasp out loud as he was reading it. Heads turned towards the shiney experience, standing in the middle of a shop with lots of bags on his arm, looking at his phone in shock.

Magnus,
This is Alec. Those last weeks had been terrible for me and at first I didn't know why but I think it's because I miss you. Telling them your name was the biggest mistake I've ever made and I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for betraying your trust in me, and I'm sorry that I didn't apologize earlier but I had really thought my feelings for you are an illusion. But now, after you still haven't left my thoughts, I don't think they are.
I need to see you. I know that my betrayal was horrible and you can probably never fully forgive me but if you've felt something for me, if there's any chance for us, I need to know.
I don't think I can life without you.

Magnus was breathless. His heart was beating so fast and so loud against his chest, that he was scared somebody could hear it and call an ambulance. I don't think I can live without you.

Before he knew what he was doing he had pressed the call button.

"Magnus?" Alec's voice answered the phone and Magnus was unable to speak for a few seconds. God, how he had missed that voice.

"A..Alexander?" it was rare to hear a Magnus Bane stutter.

"Omg is it him?" he could hear Isabelle's voice in the background.