Fifteen ~ Trade

Alec.

Alright, I'm ready. That's what he had told Magnus but he wasn't ready at all. He had spent the rest of the day thinking about his decisions, but couldn't get any further than before. He was also still unsure if he had made the right one by saying Magnus's name.

Magnus had been so cold. So different. Alec admitted that he had gotten scared of the warlock. The look in his eyes when he had told him not to speak had been almost unbearable. He wished they could go back to their light conversations and flirting from when they had met. But too much had happened, it was too late for that.

What would he give if he would have just met Magnus in a bar. Maybe Magnus would have told him something about fashion and cats and Alec would have told him about fighting technics and his favourite food. Eventually Alec would have started to move closer to the warlock, maybe would have taken his hand and asked for his number. Later, he would have called and ask him out. He pictured a beautiful first date at Magnus's balcony with candles and pancakes. Then he would have leaned over to the beautiful man and kissed him. It would have felt incredible.

But all of this didn't happen. Maybe there was an alternative universe , were all of this had happened and were they were a happy couple, just enjoying each other's company without all this mess around them.

When the time had come he left the cabin with Magnus through a portal without either of them saying a word. They came out in New York, just a few blocks from the Taki's Restaurant.

"I have to chain you, Alexander." Magnus said and pulled handcuffs out of his pocked. Alec felt his heart skip a beat when he finally heard his full name out of Magnus's mouth again, it was the most beautiful sound on earth.  He had no objections in getting tied up, what was the point anyways.

Magnus put the handcuffs tight around his wrist, then he took a long chain out of his pocket. How did that fit into his pocket? Alec wondered.

He clicked the chain to the handcuffs, so he had the shadowhunter on the leash. Alec felt like a dog.

"So you can't run..." He explained drily "Well, then...shall we?"

They walked towards the Taki's Diner and Alec saw Jace, Izzy, Maryse and Raphael waiting in front of the entrance. He wondered if there was a shadowhunters backup somewhere and if they had made a plan to capture the warlock.

His mother seemed tense, also relieved to see her son without any injuries, she had clearly been worried about what the warlock might do to Alec after he had revealed his name.

Alec felt heat under his chin, he realized that Magnus had his hand close to his throat with sparks shooting out of it like from a sparkler.

"Don't try anything stupid, Nephilim. Or we'll have to bury that pretty face of your son!"

He doubted that Magnus meant what he said but a small part of him wasn't sure. Magnus must really hate him by now and maybe the flirting before had just been for fun, who knew what warlock's did to entertain themselves.