CHAPTER 17 - THE PARTY

The black limousine stopped in front of a very prestigious hotel. According to Lorenz, it is the very first asset that the old Andersons have acquired. After stepping out of the car, Lorenz immediately went to her side to open the door. He is really trying to impress her by his gentleman moves, she thought. They entered the lobby and they were both given a mask.

"I never thought that this event will be using a mask this time."

"Why? How do the Andersons usually hold an event like this?"

Elizabeth mused to his sudden remark.

"Honestly every event they hold is always different from the last time. I mean, the purposes are always different but always aiming for the welfare of the people and the community. Sometimes they hold big events for thanking everyone for the success and sometimes for closing a very wonderful business deal. It is just that this time I don't know why the people invited will be covering their faces with this fancy mask."

Lorenz shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe they wanted a different style."

Elizabeth is used to this kind of event. This is not the first time she had ever attended a big gathering. She remembered how her parents would always bring her with them to those gatherings especially those kinds for the elites where people do nothing but boast every wealth they possess. Parents bring their daughters and sons for the purpose of matchmaking where she used to find it very boring. She is not the type to find a wealthy guy to cling on. She preferred making friends and studying how others of her age manage to socialize with others. Some were true and most were fake.

An usherette approached them.

"This way please..."

They both started wearing the mask and Lorenz gave his arm always in a gentlemanly manner. Elizabeth gladly held unto him.

"Thanks for your kindness Lorenz."

"We are already friends, right? So what are friends for? I am very honoured to be your partner tonight."

He smiled generously and off they followed behind the usherette leading them the way.
Soon, they were in front of a closed door guarded by two male staffs. They opened it up for them and Elizabeth caught her breath after seeing what's behind the door. A very wide garden full of candle lights and lanterns everywhere.