CHAPTER 63 - WEAK IN THE KNEES

James' POV...

I glanced at my Rolex. It's past twenty after ten in the evening. Amanda and I arrived at the airport an hour ago. She was fetched by her personal driver while I directly headed to the the parking lot and left the place.

It wasn't really a business trip. We took it more as a pleasure one. I let her go shopping around and we both went to places where we should be.

Returning to town, I didn't have any other place in mind where to go but my house. I wanted to enjoy myself alone. Before I left, I had a talk with Lorenz and my father so I don't think I will be needing one of them tonight. My mom, we could meet tomorrow. Yeah, maybe tomorrow after that interview.

The one I hate much! I totally detest it. I mean, I don't need to explain to people. Whatever ridiculous thing they wanted to feed the world's mind, I don't care. I have just made up my mind to accept the invitation out of an important matter that I was after of and that must be executed. I was anticipating what impact it could bring to my nemesis. I knew how much they were delighting to witness my downfall but I had better ways of turning the events to my own victory. And one of the plans I already had in mind was to have the talk session I honestly abhor. Let the media take my ways, spread it up until it reaches my enemies camp in a split of a second. Let me see how they will take this decoy.

I wonder what would be the questions they will be posing to me... maybe the usuals. If only I wasn't after of a very important plan I would prefer to remain and be called the snobbish bachelor. All the mag writers think that I am a highbrow  because of all the times they have asked me for an interview, I hadn't accept one.

Let us see what interesting topics we will be dealing with.

------0------

The following day.

Elizabeth's POV...

I am a bit nervous today. Driving down the road, I could't help looking at the head mirror each moment. Maybe it was the fact that I will be seeing my boss and I was conscious of how I would appear before his eyes.

Damn, Elizabeth!
What the hell were you thinking?? You even didn't know if he still had an eye for you.

Yeah, I had almost forgotten about that... I should keep that in my head. Whether I look good or not, he has Amanda. His eyes is filled with her. She is always there to give him whatever he wants and whatever he needs.

Maybe what they said were true. He only used me to save himself from the effects of their breakup... that I was just a painkiller for his wounded pride. He only used my time and feelings to cover up his ego... being the one left behind by a woman was never part of his failures-- that is if he ever had failures. I mean, he's great in everything so who would think of him as someone who fails. He's the type who is alert and prepared before anything could go wrong.

It was sickening to realize how vulnerable I really am. I thought I was tough enough to protect and save myself from getting hurt. He just made it clear to me that my strength was meagre. Through those years when I had learnt to stand and walk on my own, I had always longed of seeing him again to boast how courageous I had become. Every detail of my distant childhood memory is now returning back to me, piece by piece.

A part of me started recalling those moments how he used to lift me up from getting stumbled down when I was a kid. He used to clean my wounds in the knees. He used to lend me his hands to help me get up and make sure that I would never do a second fall. He was my strong hold to keep me from losing my balance but then he was the breeze that I needed when a gale was trying to oppose the direction of the path I was taking. I became so attached to him that I began to feel scared that his presence would be the only thing I will be looking to when I happen to become away from my family. I was scared that one time he will be gone and I will have no one to lean on when my family is not around. I had become so dependent of his presence.