CHAPTER 24 - THE BLIND ITEM

Elizabeth during Sunday morning takes her usual routine. As soon as the sun hits his morning rays, she goes for a jog in a park not too far from where her apartment is located. Well, she really is a morning person while her friend Abigail is still in her deep slumber. Before she went out for her early outdoor routine, she left a note on the bedside table telling Abi where and what she is busy about and that she has already prepared breakfast for them.

Eat as soon as you feel hungry. Don't wait for me... I may still be jogging in the park when you wake up.
Love you!

After exerting two hours of burning calories around the park, Elizabeth decided to drop by the laundry shop and gathered her office clothes which she brought last week. Upon exiting the shop, her phone rang. It was Lorenz.

"Hi! ...Nope... I am about to go home... I went for a jog and dropped by the laundry shop for my things... I have no idea... hope she's already up, why?? Ah... no, it's okay. I'll ask her but I am sure she'll definitely say yes... it's one of her things not mine but I won't mind coming with you and I'm sure she'll love me tonight unquestionably because this time I am not going to be a party pooper... yeah! Okay... so, see you then... bye!"

When she arrived home, she noticed that nothing has changed in the dining table. Her friend hasn't yet awaken and eaten her breakfast. When she passed across the bedroom to put the clothes in her walk-in closet she found Abi still in deep sleep with an open mouth. She shook her head in disbelief. She finished putting her clothes in their proper places and later decided to come down to eat her breakfast. After she has finished eating, she went to the living room and tidied the surroundings. She looked at the clock... She really needed to wake Abi. It's almost eleven thirty. When she's about to go upstairs she heard her shrieking.

"Weeeeeeeeeehhh! Elizabeth!!! Come here... faster..."

"Hey... I'm coming! Are you okay? What happened?"

She jolted up the stairs swiftly with a pounding heart.

"Come here... come here!!! Look at this one... blind item: two days ago, one of the most well-known families in the country held a big event. Despite the breathtaking venue where it was held, one interesting thing got everybody's attention. The new CEO, young and bold, was seen with a lady. Rumours got it that the billionaire guy is always aloof with the media and very rarely accept interviews but it happened that this time he wasn't able to escape from roving lenses. The camera spotted the couple alone. The angle is not clear so the question is: are they actually kissing or are they just talking and getting to know each other? It seems like the lady is new in the circle. Might be one of those wealthy daughters who is wishing to get linked with the gorgeous bachelor. Is the star of the camera ready to tie down his once feral heart?"

"So what is interesting about that? Any elite family can throw big events and usually they use media to get the world's attention to have something to talk about."

Elizabeth said nonchalantly.

She knows very well how media clings to this sort of article. She remembered how some of her parents' friends cooperate with media men just to show off. Actually, it is a clever scheme of expressing the rich people's eagerness to flaunt their prosperity above others. They love doing ostentatious public display just to provoke envy or admiration, moreover, to show defiance.

"No... you don't understand Liz.. the point here is that this blind item is referring to the event that your boss' family held two days ago... meaning they are referring exactly to your boss. As far as I know, he's a heart breaker. He loves playing games with women. So... isn't it very intriguing to hear that he wanted to settle down?"

"Look, first of all, that party may not even be the only party held that day so it can't be him; secondly, how could an arrogant brute give his heart when he didn't have it at all; and thirdly, I don't think any young lady of good sense would fall for someone who's already married an--"