CHAPTER 26 - THE PUB, THE NIGHT, AND... HIM!

Elizabeth's POV...

I can do this... I need to keep telling it to myself. This is going to be the first and definitely the last. Thank god that I have Abigail and Lorenz to help me get through the night, think about nothing, erase that picture, enjoy and relax. We will paint the town red and I will do my best to get over with that jerk!

Hearing a car stopped right in front of my house, I peeped out from the window and I saw Lorenz stepping out of a slick black Bugatti. Wow! He is undeniably more than something. Before he could ping the doorbell, I hurriedly went down where Abi was waiting impatiently but my phone rang. It was him telling me that he will be waiting outside.

I took that he was shy to see Abigail and it was strange because with his very open attitude which is exactly the same as hers, being timid doesn't exist anywhere in their profile. He must be really starstruck by Abi's buoyant character.

As much as I wanted to make another shift for a dress, thanks to my best friend for giving me anxiety from the bunch of dresses she brought for me to wear tonight, I could no longer decide to do so knowing that Lorenz was already there outside. I had my make up done and my hair, the only thing I wasn't sure is the perfect dress I wanted to go out with. They are all beautiful but too flirty for my taste.

"Liz!!! You look gorgeous on that one. Now, come on and let's go. Don't tell me that your procrastinating because you're having second thoughts."

"Of course, not. I meant what I said this morning."

"Good! Come on. We're going to be late."

Oh, then I was obvious. Yeah, the real thing was I wanted to back out at the last moment and let them both go without me. I was going to be the third wheel here which is awkward and I was foreseeing that Abi would find a way to give me a stranger for a company.

Why did I ever say yes?

I wasn't in myself this morning, right? No... It was really me and what took me that time was the memory I wanted to erase in my head. So, yeah... I can do this!

I took my purse and promised not to look anymore at the mirror to check myself. And before Abi could start for another complain, we were already outside heading our way to Lorenz who was handsome in his casual attire, forbearingly waiting for us. His eyes were glued on her and she was oblivious. I knew that he was only distracted in his silent admiration when he looked at my way and remembered she wasn't alone. I winked at him sending him a message that he was visible in my notice that made him scratch his head sheepishly.

"Hey, are you ready ladies??"

"Yes! Tomorrow I will surely go to church to offer a mass."

A sudden outburst from Abi. I and Lorenz looked at her, oddly.

"Oh! When did you became so religious, Abi?? Did I hear it right??"

I asked her in disbelief.

"The moment I heard someone here said she will go to a pub to chill the night!"

She laughed vigorously after those words. Then I realized it was me she's referring to. I pinched her slightly for gagging me and then I laughed with her.

"So this means it is the first time that Liz will be enjoying the night into a pub?? Hah! No wonder she used my feet as a drill for her disco moves at Elliana's charity party... I thought I will be coming to work with a wheelchair the following day!"

The only man we got laughed louder than us. He was really entertained that much in that amusement making me roll my eyes because I knew that I will be the only topic in our ride.