CHAPTER 69 - UNDERNEATH THE OLD SYCAMORE TREE

James' POV...

I looked at myself at the mirror for the last time and made sure I am well groomed. I wanted to look good when I come to see her. I'll make sure that she can't resist my charm.

I dropped by a flower emporium and bought some that might be suitable for the day. I asked the florist to prepare me a giant bouquet combinations and she arranged pink and red camellias, and red and white carnations.

I noticed that she is a witty plantwoman by the way how she explained those combinations and what do the flowers represent... so I trusted her words.

I thanked the lady, gave her a tip and drove towards the road to their manor.

It was quite weird that I didn't feel nervous nor anything alike but all I am filled with was the flaming desire to see her. Now I can see the entrance to their manor. I didn't call Mr. Ric and Mrs. Elaine to inform them of my visit here in Castle Combe. I wanted to surprise them. It had been such a long time that I hadn't seen them. They were so dear to me, almost like my second parents.

 They were so dear to me, almost like my second parents

The place is still the same the last time I saw it. But it was eighteen years ago and the beauty of the surroundings is still the way how it used to be. Here, we've made lots of memories together. I parked my car, got off and contemplated through the environment. It felt like I'm home. She's my home.

I made my way to the front door and pressed the doorbell. After some minutes, someone finally opened it up.

"James!!!!! What a surprise! .....come in, come in!"

It was Mrs. Elaine. By her embrace, it really felt like home. It's been eighteen long years and still she's the same sweet woman I know. She has the air of sophistication but she's the kind that you won't feel intimidated. The years yielded were visible from her face but still she's beautiful. Elizabeth slightly has her physical features but she endowed her daughter the manner of gracefulness.

"Your parents didn't mention that you'll be visiting Castle Combe."

"No, Mrs. Elaine. Actually, they don't know I'm here."

"Well, that explains... Your mom called me yesterday and was asking how is Lizzy."

I suddenly stopped. I'm sure they know the reason why Elizabeth came back. I shifted to a slight contrition.

"Mrs. Elai--"

"Don't worry dear, we understand. We imagine how things have gone hard for you... for the both of you. Your mother told us what you had gone through."

I know Mrs. Elaine can understand and forgive me but I'm afraid Mr. Ric would be different and will rebuke me for hurting their princess.

"Mrs. Elaine, I swear... everything I did was for her own good, more for her safety. I can't bear to myself that someone around is planning to harm her or put her in danger because of me--"