CHAPTER 51 - THE UNEXPECTED GUEST

James' POV...

Driving along the dark road with her face in my thought, I couldn't bring myself to feel at ease. I'm wondering hard what would my parents say finding that their favourite employee is with me and bringing her at their place for a dinner. It was only yesterday night when I saw their astonishment from seeing me danced with her like a miracle was brought down to earth from heaven.

I took the turn from the highway and finally spotted a decent urban village where her apartment is located. The more I get nearer, the more the anticipation knocks on me. We were together only this morning but it feels like decades. Damn! This is crazy!

I parked my car in front of her apartment. It's a nice house, I would say. I wonder how she survives with no one beside her. Oh well, it's better that way... I mean, I can't imagine her with someone, especially a guy living in. But it would be different if the guy would be me. I guess, this place is well secured. She'll never choose an unsafe place to stay.

Am I a safe place for her to stay?

I ticked the doorbell. I felt nervous. It opened and revealed the most beguiling beauty. I suddenly felt warmed and instantly I hugged her and kissed her cheek. I don't know what took over me that I couldn't take off my lips to her skin and I wanted more. Fearlessly, I took the chance and kissed her sweet, loving lips. God! When was the last time I ever kissed her like this? Her tender lips were so innocent. I can feel her shyness and surprisingly I never thought that kissing an innocent lips is more electrifying and passionately sending waves to my primal desire as a man. I found my hands resting under her ears and my thumbs caressing her jaws. She's not doing anything to disagree with my action. Instead, it felt like she's pulling me in. The last time I kissed her she ran away. This time I know she will not but I need to stop. My parents will be waiting for us.

"Damn! I could kiss you for eternity but we have a dinner to attend."

I pulled out from her and we're both heaving raspy breath. I brushed her lips with my thumb. Guess like I ruined her makeup. I looked at her and she's beet red.

"Don't look at me like that, James. You're making me feel more nervous."

"You're not alone, sweetie. I'm nervous too and it's funny though, because it's a thing I am nowhere near familiar when I kiss a girl."

I chuckled at the thought. I have kissed so many lips and most of them were wild and very much practiced. But this one in front of me is tamed, more like a submissive. But then we couldn't tell, she can be fierce at any time. Who knows?

I gave way to her as she stepped outside then closed the door behind us. The neighbourhood seemed a quiet and plesant place but knowing she's living alone, I wanted to ask her to move in with me. But knowing her, she will surely decline my offer. I wonder why aunt Ellaine and uncle Rick didn't bother to look for her. If I could remember exactly, Elizabeth said she ran away two years ago. Did they really wanted her to settle in marriage? I thought they liked me for their little girl.

Oh, come on James! You left her. Do you think they could still be waiting for you to come back and chase your precious lily?

But why should I be bothered now when I already have her near me. So near to me. And I can't let this pass away again. I can't risk for another decade to wander and waste. The heaven heard my prayers and now is the time to bring her back into my life. I found my strength the moment I lost her and I took all the will to become a better person. Only for her... now, I can say I'm strong enough to face any battle that might come our way. No one nor anything can make her depart from me, again. I promise that to my grave. I will take this precious moment to retrieve everything.