chapter-9

Sanjay left the house. Niha went to her room. She was in a dilemma.

She was repeatedly thinking, "Was she doing right ? He always hurts her but she was ok with it. She wanted to take risk. She knew she may hurt badly at the end but she wanted to stay like it until then."

She called Moukti and talked casually but not mentioned what happened before. One thing she told was she was going to meet his family tomorrow.

Moukti asked Niha," What are you going to wear? Haven't you decided yet?"
"Anything casual."

"What? Are you mad. Wear saree and no."
"No way. You know I can't handle."

"Why can't agree with me for once in your life Niha? You wanted to give a try. Go for it" Moukti hissed.
"Ok stupid. Bye."
"Bye idiot."

" Ok." Niha threw her phone on the bed. She flipped few pages of her favourite novel. She didn't knew when she slept, until alarm woke her up.

She called her head of the department in the hospital Vardhan sir informing she wanted leave. He was first taken back by her words. It was the first time she asked for leave.

Vardhan knew her since her college days. He was professor for her. He was the one to notice her she was person of secrets. Her eyes held lot of secrets and sadness.

She was just an average student in the college. He encouraged her even in her steep struggles. He liked her hardwork. She was his favorite student.

Niha respects him the most. He guided her. The person whom she respect the most is Vardhan. So, in gratitude she followed his steps and became his assistant in the hospital.

After Niha informed about the leave, she started getting ready. In between, she got a call from unknown number.

She answered the call,"Get ready in an hour. I will pick you up." She didn't take much time to recognise the voice . Before she could reply, he cut the call.

Niha got irritated at his attitude. She completed with her last touch up. She walked out of her room. She noticed her brother left her breakfast to eat.

She served for herself and sat infront of TV watching it. She was eating like a hungry bird as there were several grumbling sounds from her stomach.

Suddenly, door bell rang.
"Shit", she cursed and opened the door. She saw Sanjay standing infront of her with white shirt and black suit over it. He was stunning in his attire. He cleared his throat.

Embarrassed herself, she told him to wait for 5 minutes.
"Why?" He questioned her.

"I will eat something and come."
He didn't pay attention to her words and pulled her wrist.
"Arrogant much," she scolded him in her mind.

"Wait," she said aloud.
"Why?", he sounded irritated.

"I need to lock the house."
"You feel as if someone will rob your house," he laughed at her sarcastically. She glared at him.

She didn't mind him as she felt ignoring his words is better than taking into her mind. She released her hand from his grip and locked the house.

He took her to his parents house. He walked in first followed by her. By the time they entered hall, Sanjay pulled her closer to his side and placed his hand on her waist. She thought, " He would fit as an actor rather than business man."

A lady stood infront of them. Her features were similar to his both having same eyes. Niha thought she was his mother. Her prediction was right when he greeted her.

" Hi ma."
" Move aside. Is she the girl?"
"Yes," he nodded .

She pulled Niha towards her.
" What's wrong with them always pulling me?" Niha thought.

" You were the one. Finally I met you. I was eagerly waiting for this day. I am Naina. His mother which you already thought." Naina smiled at Niha. Niha returned back the smile.

There stood a tall man beside Naina. He introduced himself as Krishna and father of Sanjay. Niha noticed there was a mini war happening between son and father by their looks.

Firstly, Niha was intimidated by Krishna's attire. She now understood where Sanjay got his aura. Secondly, her heart was beating wildly as it would blast off.

Niha cooled herself when Krishna greeted her with a smile. She relaxed a bit. Naina and Krishna asked Niha several questions about herself. Niha was enjoying their care and love.But, Niha's eyes were searching for one person who was not there.

Naina caught Niha and questioned her, " Already missing my son?"
" No aunty. Just wondering where he is"

"That is called missing in our terms dear. Wait I will call him," Niha smiled shyly when Naina left to call him leaving Niha and Krishna there.

Krishna was observing Niha keenly and said," When my son said he loved someone, I thought he didn't selected the right one. He always tend to do mistakes often." Niha was stumbled at him.

Before she could reply, Krishna continued ," But I am wrong. My son took the right decision in selecting you. You are the right person for him. Finally, you won. My son fell for you. When I first saw you at his office last year, I wondered how you will tame him. But you proved me I was wrong."

Niha was shocked at his reveal. She thought no one knew her visit to his office. But, he caught her. She didn't know what to say.

Krishna caught her struggling and said, " By your looks, I can conclude that he didn't know about it. Don't worry I am not in the position to tell him. No one can care for him more than you. I am happy for him."

Niha was relieved when Krishna told her he wouldn't tell him. She didn't know what to say. She came back from her thoughts when Naina entered the scene.

Naina had a sad expression on her face.
" He said he have a work. He can't even spare some time to spend time."

Niha held Naina's hand assuringly.
" Don't worry. That work might be important for him aunty."

" You can call me mom, only if you are fine." This made Niha lose her words. Tears pooled in her eyes. She hugged Naina tightly.

"I know your mother died. So, I just felt to listen you call me mom."
"I would love to."

Niha released Naina from hug. Niha's happiness were beyond limits. Krishna left both them to take their time to chit chat.

Naina said," You know I felt my son would marry someone at age of 40 years. But, I was surprised when he came and told me he wanted to marry. I thought he may select a girl who is quite modern. My fears are lost when I saw you. You are the best." Naina patted Niha's head.

Niha thought to herself, " Only if you know the real matter."

Please do vote and share my story to your frnds.