chapter-39

Next day
At Manoj hospitals
Emergency OP

The hospital was crowded with patients. All the doctors and nurses walking here and there trying their best to treat the patients.

Arjun was trying his best to calm the emergency OT. Suddenly, there was a patient entered into emergency ward.

Her condition seemed critical. He performed CPR to save the patient. Her ECG reports were abnormal. He gave her emergency treatment until the patient vitals stabilized. He sent the patient for further investigations.

Some time later, rush in OP had been decreased. He was in his cabin going through the reports of the patient.

After seeing the patients report, he asked the nurse to call Niha urgently. Nurse went and called Niha. Niha hurriedly entered the OP.

" What happened, Arjun? Why did you call me suddenly?" Niha questioned Arjun.

"Look at these reports," Arjun said forwarding the reports to her.

" Why? Is something serious?" Niha asked worriedly.

" Go through it, Niha."

Niha studied the case. Her expressions changed reading it. The case was similar to the previous cases in Sudha hospital. Niha wanted to know the reason behind their illness but couldn't find it.

The patient presented with arrhythmias of unknown origin.

" What's is this, Arjun? New patient added in the list. That means similar patients were there in this hospital too."

" No, Niha. I checked other patients. She is the only one admitted here with this problem. In addition to it, she is pregnant."

" Have you asked her about the previous history?"

" She is not telling anything, Niha. I tried to ask her."

" What shall we do now,Arjun?"

" You tell me, Niha."

" I didn't want to proceed further with previous cases. But, seeing the patient count increasing I wanted to know the reason behind it."

" Ok. I am with you. Let's do this."

" It's very risky,Arjun. Why are you getting involved?"

" Because I wanted to," Arjun shrugged his shoulders.

" Fine. First, let's make sure we won't lose the patient."

" What does that mean,Niha?"

" Let's change her problem of admitting her into the hospital with another reason. So, our management doesn't know about it."

" Why to maintain secret?"

" You have seen what happened to last two cases. They took them away telling they are providing special facilities. They erased their records. We can't risk this patient. Change the consultant doctor from yours name to mine."

" Why? I already told you I am with you, Niha. Don't you believe me?"

" I believe you, Arjun. I don't want you to take risk."

" Stop talking like that. You are making me feel like I am an unknown person to you."

" No, Arjun."

Both of them hi fied and said let's do this together.

They changed the patient's details and entered the cause of patient as another. Later, they continued their works.