chapter-13

Niha was thinking about where he was going to take her. Her mind was filled with several thoughts. Shiv's presence some what decreased her anxiety. She thought he can't do anything infront of his friend.

Her thoughts went wrong when Sanjay pulled her placing his hand around her waist. Niha stood frozen by his move.
" Come quick," Sanjay commented.

Shiv followed them. Sanjay went towards driving seat and Shiv sat in the passenger seat. Niha was standing there didn't know what to do.
She was interrupted by Sanjay's words, " Should we arrange a red carpet outside the car, so Miss.Niharika would give a grand entrance. What do you say Shiv?"

Being offended, Niha took back seat. Sanjay started the car. Car ride was silent. Shiv thought to break the silence. He turned towards Niha and asked her,
" Ok Niha. Tell about yourself."
" Myself. There is nothing much important about me," Niha said with a sly smile.

" Don't be a mood spoiler Niha. Ok then let me start. You're a doctor, right."
Niha nodded her head.
" Where do you work?"
" Sudha multi specialty hospital."
"Really!", Shiv asked her in surprise.

" Yes, Why are you surprised?"
Shiv turned towards Sanjay and asked him, " Do you know about it?"
" Yes," Sanjay nodded his head.
" You're impossible buddy. Does Karthik know about it?" Shiv questioned Sanjay.

" No," Sanjay replied.
" What's going on,"Niha asked both of them.
" Nothing. It doesn't matter to you," Sanjay hissed.

Niha became silent at his outburst. Shiv scolded Sanjay, " What is there to shout?"
Shiv turned towards Niha and said, " Don't mind him. Is there any special reason to work there?"

" Yes. Firstly, I am working in the hospital which has my mom's name. Secondly,  my favourite professor works there. So, I joined there as his junior."

Sanjay was attentively listening to his words looking at Niha through rear mirror.
Shiv said, " Wow, so with respect to your sir you joined there."
" Yes, because of him I was in this position. He encouraged me a lot. If not, it would have been very difficult for me."

Niha was in deep thoughts playing with her fingers. Shiv looked at her and asked, " Are you missing your mother?"
" A lot," Niha replied with her head hung low.

Shiv noticed her inconvenience and diverted the topic.
" Tell me about your old boyfriend or crush."
Both Niha and Shiv jerked forward due to sudden pressure caused by brakes.

"What's wrong with you? Want to kill us," Shiv said turning towards Sanjay.
" I wanted to. But I won't. "
" Idiot," Shiv scolded Sanjay.

" Tell me, Niha," Shiv asked.
I don't have any."
" What!" Shiv asked surprised.
" Who wants to have nuisance tagged along with them," Sanjay nudged in. Niha didn't know what to reply to him and kept looking at him.

" You wanted. So, just shut up," Shiv said.
Sanjay was about to reply but cut off by phone call.  He answered it and grumbled saying, " Why sudden?... You haven't told me.... Ok fine."

Niha and Shiv were giving signals at each other who that person could be.
" You don't have to signal. Stop it. It's irritating," Sanjay muttered, " Shiv get down."

" What? Why? You should not leave me at nowhere. How will I go ?" , Shiv showing his puppy face.
" Just notice the surroundings Shiv. You are at your house. So, don't make scene. Get out," Sanjay replied.

" I didn't notice I had reached," Shiv replied rubbing his hair.
" You were busy about knowing her boyfriends. So, it was difficult to notice."
" Don't be jealous, loverboy. She is all yours," Shiv winked at Niha and got down the car.

Niha's cheeks were red. She didn't notice Sanjay was watching her. She lifted her head to find him staring at her.
" What?", Niha asked.
" Do you think you are owner of the car?"

" Why? Does everyone think that I am owner? That's why I thought you should change your grumpy expressions. So, all will think you are owner," Niha said thoughtfully.

" What a concern about me? Just shut up and sit in the front seat," Sanjay hissed at her. Niha sat into front seat.
"You're lucky for today," he uttered and started the car.

Niha didn't understand what he tell. She placed a blank expression and looked straight. Car stopped infront of Sanjay's parent's house.

" Go in. I will park the car and come."
Niha nodded her head.
Naina came and hugged her.
" I missed you dear."
" Me too, mom."

Niha now understood what Sanjay mean when he said she was lucky. "Mom is my savior," Niha thought.
"I love you, mom."

" Stop this nonsense. Why you called me to bring her mom?" Sanjay interrupted them.
" Why are you shouting? It's your marriage. Atleast, have some courtesy for us to see you," Naina replied.
" I will do as you say. But, until my marriage only," Sanjay hugged Naina .

Naina turned towards Niha and said," Don't make any plans for next two days. Call your brother," Naina told and left from there leaving Sanjay and Niha behind.

" Don't feel so relieved, baby. There is still time left for us. My mom won't disturb us then," Sanjay said and pulled Niha closer and kissed on her right cheek and left from there.

Damn! He is driving me crazy," Niha thought. She didn't know that Krishna had seen them until she came face to face with him.
" Uncle.. that..."
" Don't worry, dear. I saw nothing," Krishna retorted.
" But I am angry with you," Krishna said.

" What did I do uncle?", Niha questioned him.
" You are calling Naina as mom. But, you are calling me as uncle. Not fair."
" I am sorry, dad," Niha said holding her ears.

" You're smart. Come let's see what Naina is doing."
Niha went along with Krishna . Niha called Varun and he came.

Niha introduced Varun to Naina and Krishna. They spoke with him. Niha thought Sanjay was very lucky to have them. A pinch of jealousy raised in her. But, because of him she got them. He was the best thing happened in her life.

She wanted to know what the future holding her. Is her happiness going to stay long? Or the light fades away? She was not sure and was worrying every second. But, one thing she was sure that with Sanjay beside her she will always be happy.

" Come out from my son thoughts.  He is infront of you," Naina shrugged Niha bringing her out of her dreamworld. Niha snapped her head towards Sanjay. He was keenly observing her face.

" No, mom. It's not what you thought."
"I understand dear," Naina said with small smile.
Varun, Naina and Krishna were discussing about the arrangements.  But, Sanjay and Niha was paying least attention to them.

Niha got diverted when her phone rang. Display showed Sanjay's name. She was confused why he was calling when he was infront of her. She excused herself and went to 1st floor to answer the call.

Do share and vote for the story. Comment about the story and let me how is it