chapter-44

Niha dragged Arjun to all the shops and finally settled with buying two blazers for the two. She roamed all the floors but finally settled in the third floor. She was talking to Arjun. She didn't notice anyone behind her until Arjun signed her.

" What?" Niha questioned Arjun.

Arjun raised his eyebrows and asked her to look back with his eye movements.

Niha turned back to see who was present behind.

There stood Vardhan infront of her and said, " It's been long time to see my favourite student. She was successful in ignoring all my phone calls."

" Tell me, sir. What shall I do then? Should I behave like nothing happened? I can't. What Viraj sir did is wrong and you know that. I didn't asked you to support me. Atleast, you could have told what is right, sir.You didn't even stand for the right," Niha said.

" I know. I am sorry for that. I should have done what I could do. But, I don't have power, Niha."

" It's ok, sir. I don't blame you. You did what you want. I don't have any problem because I joined in another hospital. My hard work was never in vain. Atleast they recognized it. I happy for that," Niha said with a forced smile to Vardhan.

" Everything not always happens as how we want. We should compromise in some matters, Niha."

" Sir, in my view we shouldn't compromise when something is wrong. If once we comprise, we will be living our rest of life nodding our heads. I don't want to be that person, sir. If you don't mind, we will leave," Niha said and held Arjun's hand and pulled him.

They stooped infront of a stall on the third floor. Niha leaned back over the grills and faced Arjun. He was with lack of words. He was proud having a friend like her but on other hand he was worried about her thinking about what troubles she may land in.

****

Sanjay walked out of his office after Niha's call. He was elated that she called him to pick her. Usually, she never does that. When he asks her that he will pick her, she will cut him by telling she is not small kid. She doesn't need one's babysitting.

He was overjoyed about her calling him. He took his car and went to the mall. It was a large mall. He couldn't find her. He called her but she didn't answer. When he lifted his head, he saw her leaning on the grills.

Her back was facing him. He went to the third floor. He made his way towards her. Sanjay walked close towards her. He saw she was not alone but was talking with someone.

The jealousy in him piped out but he kept it aside knowing he will have her attention once he comes infront of her.

He cleared his throat to gain their attention. Both Arjun and Niha turned their heads in his direction.

Sanjay stood there silently trying to stay calm. Arjun was continously eyeing him trying to read what was in his mind.

Both were staring at each other. Niha smiled awkwardly and said, " I am also there here. So, if you both stop your staring competition we can go. It's ok if you both want to continue."

" No," both Sanjay and Arjun said at same time.

" You both can go," Arjun gestured to Niha.

" It mean I won the bet, right. What I want, I will ask you later. Bye,Arjun," Niha said and asked Sanjay ," Shall we go?"

Sanjay nodded his head and followed her.

When they reached, Sanjay captured her between the car and him.He placed his hands on either side of her.