chapter-40

Evening
Krishna's house

When Niha came back from hospital, the house was filled with silence. There was no sign of presence of anyone.

She heard sound from the kitchen and went towards that direction. Niha found Naina in the kitchen and making food.

" Hi mom," Niha greeted.

" Hey Niha! How is your day?" Naina asked.

" It's routine mom. Busy with patients. What are you doing? There are so many people to cook. Then why are you cooking?"

" I am cooking Sanju's favorite food. He won't come often. So, I like cooking for him when he comes here," Naina replied.

Niha was mesmerized by Naina's love towards her son.
Niha said, " Teach me how to cook, mom."

" Sure dear. Anything for you."

" I don't even know basics of cooking. You should teach me from the beginning. I don't even know how to cut vegetables."

" Ok, then. Let's go with that then."

Niha was listening to what Naina was speaking and trying to do what Naina was telling. After several attempts she learnt it and was cutting vegetables.

Varun reached home and looking for Niha. He heard Niha and Naina's voice and went towards the kitchen. He saw Niha trying to cook. If it's only both of them, he won't allow Niha to even come near to kitchen.

Being Niha's in law's house, Varun was unable to speak anything and went into hall and sat on sofa. Just then Sanjay and Karthik came.

Sanjay was looking here and there. Noticing this Varun asked, " What are you looking for?"

" It's been half an hour. Niha should be in home by this time. Where is she?" Sanjay questioned Niha.

" She is in kitchen, " Varun answered.

" What is she doing there? She doesn't even know how to cook," Sanjay replied feeling it unbelievable.

" See by yourself then," Varun suggested.

Sanjay went to kitchen and saw Niha. He went near Niha and grabbed her arm. Niha turned her head up to see who is the person disturbing her.

Seeing Sanjay, she asked," What do you want?"

" What are you doing here? You don't even know how to cook. Come out with me," Sanjay said.

" No, need. I am learning. Mom is teaching me."

" Shut up and come with me," he dragged Niha out of the kitchen to the hall. Naina followed them.

" Leave me, Jai. I have work."

" You're not doing it. It's final."

" Who are you to decide? I want to learn. What's your problem?"

" That's my problem. You don't have to learn."

" Why are you bothering her Sanju? She wanted to learn. What is wrong in it?" Naina asked.

" I won't allow her, ma. She doesn't have to do all this. Varun, will you allow Niha to do all these works, if it is your house?" Sanjay asked looking towards Varun.

"No."

" Then why will she have to do now, mom?" Sanjay questioned.

" I will agree with you but then..," Naina held Sanjay's ear and twisted it and asked, " Have you ever stopped me from cooking when I am in kitchen?"