Chapter 8: Kiss at the Lake

It has been a while since Jack and (Y/n) started seeing each other secretly.
Already, they have grown more feelings for each other despite they are forbidden to meet each other for the current.

Jack moved through the busy yetis, ready and eager to see (Y/n) again. He has decided to tell her his feelings for her. Suddenly, he bumped into North.
"Jack, what's the rush? Where are you off  to? Slow down," North said as he held Jack from his shoulders.

Jack laughed nervously, trying to figure something out.
"Haha, Hey...North. I was just about to meet up with Jamie," he lied.
"You have been quite meeting him too often lately," North said, raising a brow.

Wrong. The truth was it was (Y/n) who Jack was meeting. Then comes Jamie who was excited about (Y/n) and Jack.

Jack laughed nervously.
"Y-Yea, I have been trying to keep him and Sophie safe. Checking them from time to time since...Pitch is back," he made up a pretty good lie.
North chuckled.
"That's good. But, don't go too often. Jamie is old enough now and we need you here," North said.
"Sure, I will try, see ya, North" Jack said and quickly walked away.

He flew out of the window and started flying to Burgess in a speed.
Manny smiled as he watched him flied from the big window, knowing where he was off to.

With (Y/n),

(Y/n) was trying her best to make the kids stop having nightmares, with her identity also hidden. She knew she would be spied by her dad or one of the Guardians who is not Jack sooner or later.

Finally, she reached to the lake where she and Jack used to meet every night now.
She panted tired as she sighed.
"If only I was not his daughter," she mumbled as she sad down on the pile of snow near the lake as she looked at the moonlight shining over the frozen lake.

Somehow, she felt sad every time she comes here but, at the same time, she felt safe and felt familiar.

Suddenly, out of blue, Jack was behind her.
"Boo!"
"Ahh!"(Y/n) screamed, surprised.
She sighed in relief when she realized it was Jack.
"Ice boy, I told you not to do that!" she scolded, pouting.
Jack chuckled and stood up.
"Sorry, I was just trying to bring you back to earth," he said and (Y/n) ended up giggling.

Just how can he make her laugh like that? 
How comes she never mind?

"You goofball," she said, smiling.
Jack smiled as he walked onto the thin ice of the lake with his bare feet. He gently tapped his staff, making the ice thicker.
(Y/n) was slightly amazed.

Jack offered her his hand.
"Want to do something fun?" he said.
(Y/n) went surprised at how this scene was awfully familiar to her and looked at Jack for a while wondering why she was feeling like this.

Why does she feel like she had the same encounter before? Just like this?

"Come on, it will be fun!" Jack said.

"Is it safe?" she asked as her eyes met with Jack who gave her a warm smile which made her heart flattered.
Slyly, he hooked his staff around her waist and pulled her to him.

(Y/n) squeaked as she hit his chest but, Jack kept his balance on the use, making sure they didn't fall.
Their eyes met and their faces were so close.
"Don't you trust me?" Jack said and (Y/n) blushed.
She felt her heart skipped and nodded.

Jack smiled happily as he put his staff on his back, carrying it. A little trick Manny gave him.
It was just the same as back then.

He smiled as a flashback came back on his mind as he slowly started doing the same.

Flashback, (Back when they were humans.)

"Want to do something fun,(Y/n)?"Jack asked as he skated  around, on the ice with barefoot.
"Um...I don't know,"(Y/n) said, nervous.
Jack stopped back in front of her who was just watching him on the snowy shore.
He offered her his hand.
"Come on, it will be fun!" he said.
"Is it safe?"(Y/n) asked, wanting to try a bit.
She has never skated on the ice before.
Her eyes met with Jack's.

Jack smiled as he grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, making sure he still has balance.
(Y/n) squeaked as she hit his chest, blushing. She looked up and their eyes met. She could even feel his breath on her lips.
"Don't you trust me?" Jack said and (Y/n) blushed, she slowly nodded.
She can't even notice her bare feet touching the ice without any skates anymore.

"Great!" Jack said, cheerfully as he helped her fix her balance.
He held her hands.
"Now, look at me and follow my lead," he said as he slowly started skating with her.
"1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3...."

Back to present,

"1,2,3.See? Told you it's easy," Jack said as he watched (Y/n) smiled happily.
"Oh my god, this is amazing!" she said and Jack chuckled at her excitement.

When he was sure that, she was ready on her own on the ice, he grabbed her hand and spun her around, laughing.
(Y/n) gasped and laughed as she let Jack spun her around as if they were dancing.

Laughter filled in the air as the two skated happily.
(Y/n) was beyond happy this moment.
Suddenly, sparkling blue sands appeared out of blue and lifted the two up just when Jack grabbed her waist and her hand.

The two started dancing happily on the blue sand as if they were dancing on the dance floor.
The two laughed as they danced.
Every step they made, the blue send would sparkled and take forms as if they were dreams. They got higher and higher into the sky.

(Y/n) and Jack laughed as they finally stopped dancing, right in front of the big moon which was shining brightly tonight.

Their eyes met and everything was perfect at the moment. Everything.
Jack cupped her face and pulled her body closer to his.
Both of them lost in each other's eyes.
The thin cloud of blue sand beneath the two slowly disappeared.

Their lips met and they started kissing each other passionately, forgetting everything.
Slowly, they got back to the ground, still kissing.

Soon, the kiss broke and they looked into each other's eyes. (Y/n) blushed as Jack put a few strands of her hair behind her ear.
"(Y/n)," Jack said and their eyes met again.
"Come with me"