Chapter 17 : The Mysterious Conversation

Happy Valentine Day, everyone! Hope you guys have a fun time with your zings!

(Y/n)'s pov,

I woke up to see that it was still early in the morning. I looker over the clock to see that it's still...around 2 A.M.

I looked around as I sat up.
I couldn't see Jack at anywhere at all. That's strange.
Normally, he would be still sleeping at this hour.

I got up and quietly stepped outside.
The hallways were still dark due to early hours. Downstairs was so busy with the yetis and elves, making toys. North would be still sleeping too.

I decided to walk around, down the halls.
But then, as I walked around making sure not to make a sound, I heard someone called.
"Hey boss, you here?"

Then, another voice was heard.
A male voice which I awfully remember. Quietly, I hid behind the wall and as minutes went by and the conversation between the two men went on, I walked away quietly.

I heard everything I needed to.
I went back into my room and sat down.
I stretched myself just as Jack came in.
"Hey sweetheart, up already?" he said as he warped his arms around me and nuzzled into my neck.

I smiled as I looked at him.
"Yep. What were you doing early in the morning?" I said as I turned around and warped my arms around his neck.
He smiled as he rested his forehead on mine.
"Nah. Just hungry so, I went down and fetched something," he said.

"Without me? You traitor," I said, pouting as I gently hit his chest and sat down on our bed.
He laughed and sat beside me as he lied down on my lap, making me blushed a bit as he cupped my cheek. Oh, he's good.
"Sorry. Sorry. Hey, wanna prank on Bunny later today?" he asked.

I giggled.
"Maybe later, by the way...don't you think Pitch is so quiet lately?" I said and he acted like he was thinking for a bit.
"Why? Isn't that a good thing? I mean he doesn't have you by his side anymore," he said.

He is good. Very good actually. And he has a point.
"Yea. But, we can't let our guard down. You know that right?" I said and he smiled as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.
"Relax, the important thing is that you are back at where you belong. With me," he said and I smiled as I patted his head.

"You're right. I am here with you and I am not gonna go anywhere"

You can't trick me anymore, Pitch. Not this time.