And he became a Mastermind

Kokichi's POV

I felt as if I was slowly going insane. I couldn't tell the difference between fiction and reality anymore. I didn't know what was my memory, what was a different Ultimates memory.. I was even getting pre-game memories. I felt like I couldn't take it anymore. This was getting out of hand!

I had locked myself in my room after seeing many people who I had believed to be dead. I didn't let anyone in. Not even Yoshimasa who I believed I could trust.

I went over to my white board. On it was pictures of everyone, each placed into different categories. There were 4 different ones. Untrustworthy, tolerate, 'friend', trusted.

I looked over at my Trusted. Yoshimasa was on there but so was half of Shuichis picture. The other half was on the untrustworthy side. I didn't know if I could believe Shuichi anymore. He said himself that he didn't give me that dream or those memories but he's a liar.

That's what this game is. A game of Truth and Lies. The truth being Shuichi is the mastermind and I'm his 'lab rat' and his pride. The Lie being Shuichi was a Detective who could solve any case. And that I'm his only hope.

I wasn't his hope. That's just complete bullshit! I kicked the door out of anger as I felt hot tears fill my eyes. "It isn't FAIR!" I screamed like a toddler not getting his chocolate.

I also couldn't trust Shuichi because of how me made me feel. I felt like he was my everything, my hope for the future and my only will to live in this cruel game. I also know he's a mastermind and someone who craves despair.

This brought me back to a point I had made in my dream. How similar me and Komaeda are. We both loved our protagonists but we soon found out the truth about them. Hajime Hinata was actually Izuru Kamukura. Shuichi Saihara was actually the Ultimate Despair Detective.

If I was so similar to Komaeda... are our personalities the same? No... Mentally unstable? A psycho?! A suicidal crazy person. Actually... yes. I remember from V3. I was supposed to die. I planned my own death! I planned to die!! But Kaito insisted he did instead... he forced me to drink that antidote. He forced himself to die of the poison instead of making me a murderer.

I silently laughed to myself.

I picked up my white board pen and wrote in Trust: Nagito Komaeda. And in Untrustworthy: Kokichi Ouma.

I can't trust myself anymore. I can't do it!

I could feel myself going crazy. It was like a Hamlet situation. The literal words 'to be or not to be' appeared in my head! Of course the word 'be' meaning suicide. I didn't know whether or not I wanted to end my own life. Or would Junko bring me back like she did with herself so many times?

I got out my room and made my way over to my lab, ignoring anyone who tried to talk or hang out with me. I opened the door and locked it once I was inside. I looked over at my weapons stand. It was recently over populated with guns from Rei's room.

I picked one of them up and held it tight. I made sure it was loaded with 6/6 bullets. I grabbed a rope, a mask and my cloak.

I had a clear idea on what I wanted to do but I didn't exactly know how to do it. I put the mask and the cloak on, hiding my gun in the cloak pocket.

"It's 10 am! Time for bed!!" The Monokuma announcement said. Perfect. Now everyone would be going to bed.

I waited about 20 minutes until I got out my lab and made my way to the kitchen. No one was there. Good. I grabbed a knife and put it in the same pocket as the gun.

I made my way towards the fountain.

"Puhuhuhu~ Kokichi! What are you doing out of bed so late. You should be in bed!" Monokuma appeared next to me. I looked at him.

"Just let me in the trial grounds, you stupid bear." I hissed, obviously not in a good mood.

"....I suppose I'll allow you. And you don't have to worry, Shuichis asleep so he won't see this." Monokuma pulled out a key and unlocked the life. I walked inside and the bear stood next to me.

"Can I ask why Shuichi was forced to be a mastermind?" I shifted my feet to the side a little.

"Well, after you and all the members of the 53rd killing game were put into your pods, Shuichi was let out of his early by Izuru Kamukura. Well... the old Izuru Kamukura."

"You mean... Hajime Hinata?" I clarified. He made a sound of agreement.

"Izuru and Nagito let Shuichi out of his pod. This was before the 2nd Danganronpa Game. They lnew Shuichi was a follower of Junko Enoshima and a powerful detective so they both began watching out for him and helping him survive the biggest, most tragic event in history!

However, when Izuru and Nagito were put into the Neo project, run by the remnants of despair, Shuichi was taken in by the future foundation as a prisoner. They thought Shuichi was the next Ultimate Hope so they tried to convert him. But Shuichi refused. Then that's when Togami threatened to kill everyone in the 53rd killing game. Using you as his number 1 target.

Shuichi didn't want you to die. So he was placed into Danganronpa X5, to test whether or not he was an innocent man. Shuichi killed 2 people in that game. But everyone had voted that there was no way Shuichi could have done it."

"So... everyone was executed?" I said. The lift doors opened to reveal the trail grounds. I walked out with Monokuma and began setting up my plan.

"When he left the place where it was held, Junko Enoshima the 15th encountered him before the Future Foundation could. Junko forced him to become a mastermind after that. He has officially ran 3 killing games, including this one." Monokuma finished explaining.

"Wow... So... he basically became a mastermind because he loved me?... and didn't want me to die?" Monokuma nodded.

That was horrible... so it's my fault that Shuichi became a mastermind? It's my fault that he met Junko Enoshima..?!

I attached the rope to Yoshimasa's podium and then attached it to Shuichi's. Then, I cut the rope in half. And tied both my legs to each side. I sat myself down, leaning on Sato's podium.

"Monokuma... I have a favour to ask of you..."