XI | Of Unwanted Pastimes

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      "Horses may be afraid of us, but you just have to assure them you're in control." Jasper forked forth the information as he patted the side of his steeds neck. The wind blew delightfully through the expansive field, but Hannah was sure it was going to rain later. Although she didn't have the same gift as Alice, she knew the signs of rain like the back of her hand. Even the smell of the atmosphere was different.

     Hannah followed his instruction, watching as Alice mounted the horse easily on the first try. The golden immortal blew her loose hair from her face and looked determinedly in the eyes of the horse.

      "Okay, so I'm just going to jump on top and you're not going to move – right?"

      "Be assertive, Hannah!" Alice winked her way, flashing her muscles encouragingly. Though, it didn't really help.

      Here she was, a vampire. A blood thirsty monster, terrified of riding a horse. What a laughing stock. With uncertainty she nodded her head and petted his mane. "Right, you are going to stay still and be nice because I've never once drank from your people. I've been a gentle eater, avoiding your sort."

      As Jasper let a throaty chuckle slip, Hannah rubbed her hands together to prepare herself. Finally, the cowboy had - had enough and decided to take matters into his own hands. He padded behind her and lifted her up by the waist himself. The electric touch of his palms against her hips caused her to slightly jerk, to which she ducked her head down in embarrassment. Hannah sat side saddle before lifting her leg hesitantly over the steed.

      She curled her loose hair around her left shoulder. "Ehm, thank you, Jasper."

      "Pleasure," He sent her a sly smirk, walking to his own dark brown horse. Hannah watched him mount it gracefully in one go, a manly grunt coming out of his lips once he settled. She had to say he looked majestic up there, like he belonged there. She made sure to take a mental picture of this moment.

      "Alright, lovebirds, are you ready to ride now?" Alice called to them, tutting around whilst looking over her shoulder, cheekily.

      "Yes, oh sorceress one." Hannah teased; however, she stayed in her spot -- not knowing how to move her grey speckled horse forward. Jasper clicked his tongue as he passed by her and that seemed to do the trick. Soon, her body was moving back and forward as he clopped against the soil. She sent Jasper a smile in appreciation.

      The group had decided that they needed a break from the town festivities and gossip. Mainly, it was Hannah who couldn't take another minute of the neighbors prying into her business. So Alice suggested they go to the town over and go horse riding. She was ever the one for ideas.