XII | Confidence in a Stranger

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      "Move over, I want to get comfortable." Hannah padded over towards Jasper only to plop on the couch right beside him. Her hair was tied up in a loose loop, a silk red ribbon holding it in place. It bounced with her abrupt movement and Jasper couldn't help staring at it with rapt attention.

      "Is this really necessary today?" Jasper complained as he flickered his gaze to the, not so new but still a latest invention, television. The screen barely held any color. It was washed out and grainy; however, many people seemed to be entranced by the little thing. And here the immortals were, watching a western show to compare them to the real deal: Jasper Whitlock.

      Hannah folded her legs underneath her, pursing her lips towards the less-than-eager of the two. "Of course it is. I want to identify the stereotypes throughout history. It brings me joy," She smiled contently, subtly leaning her body towards Jasper's.

      "Oo, did you wear those chapps like that?" She pointed to the blurry picture, smiling big as the cowboy waddled int he center of the screen. He was having a show down, slowing inching towards his hand gun, a pistol. Jasper couldn't help but think she was utterly adorable as she mimicked the gunman, making fingers guns and pretending to whip it out lightning fast.

      "You are a peculiar person," He joked, relaxing his arm over the back of the couch. Hannah held her breath, unnecessarily as his arm caressed her shoulders.

      The back of her neck tingled with awareness of his proximity. She internally berated herself, because she just knew he could tell everything she was feeling. "So I've been told all my immortal life."

      For a moment, they actually paid attention to the television show. The cowboys wrangled the bandits with little difficulty, unsnapping the holsters on their guns to twirl them in a fancy style. The speed in which they drew, shoot, and hit their opponent was impressive. Hannah even challenged Jasper with his own speed, jesting his ability to point shoot. His narrowed eyes and slightly offended expression drew a light melodic laugh out of her, which soothed his frown lines, tremendously.   

      Throughout the show, Hannah was made highly aware of Jasper's comfortableness with her. He lounged on the cushions and he looked as if this specific, yellow toned and pattern couch was made for him. A picturesque model, getting ready for a photo shoot.

      Secondly, he gently ran his fingers through her hair. He lifted the strands, did two twirls and combed it down. Lift, twirl, comb and repeat. It set a explosive euphoria from her head to the tips of her toes in waves. She allowed herself to lean into his petting, causing his lip to tilt upwards in a amusement.

      "So, have you told Alice yet?"

      Hannah suddenly stiffened at his question. Out of habit, she glanced around the living room to see if her sister was around, even though she knew Alice had went out to feed and shop. Y'know, the usual. She bent her head, curling a loose strand behind her ear.