III.XVI | The Kindred Spirits

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

"Jasper, did you bring my book?" Her melodic voice sounded around the suite they precured almost a day ago. Hannah was doing what she did best and that was looking after what she can control; her arts, where they stayed and her attitude towards the situation. With such things, she was able to remain calm and balanced.

Little was said about Isabella Swan, who constantly worried about the state of her livelihood and her friends as well. Not that Hannah blamed her for feeling such a way. Humans were so fragile in the immortal's eyes. So, of course Bella would be worried about little things.

For the four immortals; however, they were used to these type of bunker down protocols. There had been many adventures between them to write an entire trilogy. From setting sail across the great Pacific to taking back captives from trolls. They were no strangers to danger and risky chances. Knowing they had such a learned skill put Isabella a little more at ease.

"I did," Jas stood from the couch, digging into their shared duffle bag. The Swan watched curiously as he found it, a hefty weighted book with worn pages and a weathered spine, and gave it to his wife with an endearing smile. "Here you are, ma'am."

Hannah grinned, leaning up on her knees which dug into the couch to press a chaste kiss to his awaiting lips. He sighed in content against her mouth, appreciating the act of gratefulness. "You're a gem," She praised, stroking his ego.

"What's that for?" Bella questioned, leaning onto the palm of her hand as she settled into the arm chair across the room.

"It's an archive of every vision I've ever had relating to my past." The golden immortal busied herself with flipping through it. She had a certain vision in mind, but she knew it would take her a good minute to find it. That James character was disturbingly familiar and she decided it was too much of a coincidence to be nothing important. Her bottom lip stuck between her teeth, she nibbled on it tirelessly. "There's something I'm missing, surely," She murmured to herself.

Seeing as Bella wasn't going to get any further explanation from the Golden Immortal, she turned to Jasper as he snapped his phone shut. He had just gotten a text, an update. Though, nothing much was happening with his siblings at the moment. "How many of those does she have?"

Jasper scratched the back of his head, thinking. "Have you ever taken a trip up to our bedroom upstairs?" When she shook her brunette mass of hair side to side, he smirked knowingly. "Remind me to give you a tour when we get back."

"If we get back," She sighed, nervously.

"Oi, we will!" Declan replied with a scolding finger as he walked through the door of their hotel room. His blonde hair was messy from frequently running his hands through it, and of course, because Alice hadn't taken the time to groom him like she usually loved to do. His beautiful wife was busy, constantly trying to see the future and all its possible outcomes in the back bedroom.