II. XIII | For Us

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   "Although I can't give you back the time you lost, take this to get to anywhere you need. Either to reunite with your family or make a decent home for yourself." Hannah had just spoken to the last of the victims. She curled the elven boy's, Sybil's, hand around the stash of money she had been giving out to everyone.

   A part of her wanted to adopt them all into her little coven, but she knew they had lives before being sold or kidnapped. They most likely had families, jobs and responsibilities. Majority of them wanted to go back to some sort of normalcy and with her lifestyle, she can't promise that's what she'll provide.

   Sybil abruptly wrapped his arms around Hannah, embracing her with un-abandon. The Time's Temptress was caught off guard with such a passionate display of affection. Her pulled tight muscles relaxed and softened within his fragile hug.

   "I've been without my Ahma for three years..." Hannah frowned, slowly wrapping her own hands around the shorter boy. She could tell by the almost silent sigh that fell from his chapped lips, that this simply embrace meant the world to him.

   She somehow understood a mother's ache in that moment, for her heart clenched and constricted painfully at just that exhalation of breath.

   When he separated from her, a smile full of hope and admiration adorned his childlike features. The light breeze of the day ruffled the wild curls on top of his head, catching on his lashes. "I will remember this, May."

   The immortal didn't have it in her to respond. A deep rooted emotion akin to dispiritedness overwhelmed her to the point of muteness. She was elated they were free, but ashamed of this side of the world they were forced to endure.

   Instead, she watched him walk away. Her hand lifted in a subtle wave, drifting here and there in the wind. She stayed on his figure, standing close by the bus stop, till he boarded the departing bus to where ever he felt destined to go.

   It was moments like this, Hannah felt suited to cry, but her immortality didn't allow her the decency of mourning a friend.

   Not long did the bus disappear from sight, had Jasper's presence joined her side. He was there, watching it all with a sad smile, giving her the space she needed to say her goodbyes. Jasper stood there, looking beyond along with her. His hand gently reached for her hand, his heart soaring when she intertwined their fingers without hesitation.

   "I will forever be astounded by your compassion. The depth, in which, it runs and length, in which, it stretches. It's extraordinary."

   Hannah glanced towards him from beneath her lashes, finding herself caught off guard by his magnificence. "It's only natural, that a beast be inexplicably gentle," She joked lightly, sighing in longing.