III. X | The Cycle of Catastrophes

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

Long chapter ahead! Also, I made some book art because I love them so much. Xx

 Xx

   When Hannah came home, her mind was in a far away place. It was revolving in a cycle of different scenarios. Reasons, as if why Eleanora was placed in a correctional institution. And when she thought of Eleanora, she was brought to a darker place. A place when she vaguely caught a glimpse of her human life. Of being entrapped in an asylum. Injected with various needles and electrified by the venomous chair they strapped her to.

   Flashes of that long hallway with florescent lights shifting over her sensitive eyes appeared briefly over her mind. And it was only Jasper who could pull her out of the traumatizing loop as he placed a gentle finger under her chin.

   Hannah glanced up from her feet, an unconscious smile curling her lips out of habit. Jas saw right through it for obvious reasons, a thoughtful expression marring his chiseled features. His thumb caressed the hollow of her neck, an affection touch from his heart. "Was I spaced out again?"

   Jasper nodded mutely, arching a brow with an amused tilt of his lip. It was a forgiving expression, one that told her not to fret over it. He knew her so well, that whatever was weighing on her mind would come to light when she was good and ready. His hand lifted to pet her golden hair, curling it around her ear as she settled further in her seat.

   They were on a plane, on the way to Jasper's sweet getaway. He wanted to spend quality time with his wife and she wouldn't dare object. She didn't want to. It would be nice to have some quiet time with her lover, especially when things have been so terse lately.

   "Are you going to tell me where were staying?" She tried once more in the span of an hour. Hoping he would finally spill the details, but her husband was a sly southern man.

   He shook his head, fighting a chuckle. Just by glancing at him, she could tell he was struggling with the close proximity to the humans, but he held up well. Hannah made sure to sit in the aisle seat, specifically to make his experience easier. "In a hotel," He supplied cheekily, loving the way her eyebrows rose in annoyance.

   "Well, of course," She whined.

   Jasper chuckled at her pout, tugging on her neck to capture her lips in a ghost of a kiss to sate her. It worked, a dopey smile coating her plush lips. "It will be memorable, darling. I can promise you that."

   "I trust your judgement," Hannah sighed contently, smiling when he intertwined their hands securely.

   Soon, the plane descended smoothly for once and the couple walked off hand and hand. Hannah looked around optimistically, like a kid in a candy store. Expect, she was excited about the historical memories this place, Mississippi, would have. She could see images of a multitude of events just by a single touch of her hand and coming to a knew place she hadn't been in a while inspired big ambitions.