II. II| For Severe Misguidedness

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      Something was up. Alice hadn't come home last night. The very first time since they've been there. Other nights, she'd come in late and avoided any specific questions regarding her activites. It was worrying for Hannah.

      Alice and her were inseperable. It felt bizarre not knowing what she was up to, or seeing her all the time. A part of her felt a nostalgia for when the roles  were reversed. Of course they spent the day together every once and a while, but now it was sparce. Incosistent and lonely.

      Hannah laid with her head on Jasper's chest. His fingers thoughtlessly roamed through her hair, creating braids and twists. He could feel her anxiousness fester for the past couple of weeks. It was growing by the day and he couldn't stand it any longer.

      Tugging her hair back, she tilted her head towards him. A questionable expression marred her features, though she knew exactly why he was scrutinizing her. "Han, talk to me. Tell me what you're thinking." His thumb swiped against her bottom lip towards her extended neck, causing her to melt instantly.

      "She's shutting me out... Alice. I just want to know what is so bad or good that she can't share with me." Hannah wrapped her arm over his bare chest as if to secure herself to something real. "I feel out of sorts, empty without her. Alice is my twin, my soulmate."

      "I thought I was your soulmate," His eyebrows furrowed adorably.

      "There are different types of soulmates, Jas."

      Pulling her closer, he laid his head on top of her own. The bed creaked beneath them, sounding throughout the peaceful silence of the apartment. "You've been together for decades, surely she'll tell you when she's ready."

      Hannah bit her bottom lip, going still. "We weren't always together," She sighed, sitting up on her elbow.

      Jasper became distracted with her satin nightie covered body. Her hair cascading like a curtain over his shoulder. The cowboy couldn't help placing his hand on her back, smoothing his finger down her spine in a lazy pattern. "What do you mean?"

      She rolled her eyes, seeing his spaced out expression. Standing to her feet, she padded towards her books on their dresser. The sketch books were old and worn. Hannah had to label them by year to keep up with the times. Grasping one of the oldest books, she clambered back into bed. Jasper sat up in attention, watching as she crossed her legs underneath her frame, placing the book in front of him.

      "There was a time when Alice and I were seperated." Flipping the pages full of charcoal sketches and hand written explanations, she stopped on a particular page. It was the only one in color. Spotches of blood red paint and brown littered the worn paper in a dramatic scene.