III.XV | For Humanity

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   The field was shrouded in an eerie silence. No one dared say a word. It was much like a movie. Where there's a sudden stand off – an ghostly stirring in the wind. It was haunting, but not for the Cullens. More so for the human girl being protected by layers of immortal flesh standing in front of her.

   There was a slight rustle in the bush and then, the trio emerged. They were clad in ragged clothing. Trinkets and accessories stolen from their kills were laid on display like trophies. Hannah looked them over one by one. The red head was who caught her attention initially.

   She was lean; yet, sensual in the every movement she made. It was in the purse of her red stained lips. The effortless blowing of her wild and coiling red hair. Even the way she stood further back, thinking she was covered in shadow – unnoticeable, that irked Hannah's subconscious. The nomad wasn't fooling anybody, she was a wicked vixen in disguise.

   The next was the roguish man with dark dreads hanging long to the middle of his back. He looked peaceful enough, but Hannah couldn't be too sure. His bright red eyes looked cautious. He hadn't been expecting such a large coven, that Hannah could tell by the widening of his eyes.

   It was then that Han thought the threat was over, but then... oh, then as she flicked her golden gaze to the last of the nomads. She almost staggered back, like she had taken a harsh blow to the stomach, but she forced herself to stand her ground. Jasper's presence shifted by her side, his jaw clenching in the corner of her eye. He was concerned for his wife, her emotions had flared aggressively.

   That face... his face was so disturbingly familiar.

   Flashes of the past slipped by her very eyes like a chaotic, water rushing rapid. Between the bloodshed and lust, she had seen a glimpse of his face. Lingering and hiding in the shadows of her mind was this blonde haired, red eyed demon with unfit clothes. Stalking the grounds of Whittingham Asylum. The image was uncanny, she didn't believe it.

   She knew him.

   "I believe this belongs to you." The middle one, dark skinned and striking, held the baseball in his hand. With one throw, it zipped through the air and landed in Carlisle's grasp. The leader of the Cullen's smiled politely, biting his tongue like he always did. "Thank you."

   "Could you use three more players?" No, Hannah voiced in her head, narrowing her eyes suspiciously to the blonde haired fellow. He seemed to have taken an interest in Bella, scrutinizing her shaking figure behind Edward. The Mind reader was being too protective, too secretive and boy did James love hidden things. Nevermind the recognition in his venomous orbs when he spotted two familiar persons.

   Of course, being the compassionate civilian Carlisle proclaimed himself to be, he accepted the Nomad's offer. They introduced themselves with, what Hannah thought, fitting names. James, was the familiar fellow and she the urge grew stronger to give him and touch, discover all his past woes.