II. III | Masterful Facades

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      Jasper and Hannah sat at a cafe, out in the open. They were meeting Peter and Charlotte here. The golden immortal couldn't stop tapping her fingers on the wooden table. She was nervous for many reasons.

      One of them being that these were Jasper's long time friends. He met Peter when he was with Maria, at his lowest, he described it. Hannah, although she'd seen his past in it's entirety, there were emotions and experiences she didn't quite understand. There was no way she would, after all. She had never truely been in that manipulative position.

      When Hannah was with the Volturi, she knew what she was getting into. Yes, she was used for her gifts... but somehow, in her mind she felt it was completely different to what Jasper went through. To put it in simplier words, Hannah felt incompetent.

      Not to mention Charlotte, who was turned while Jasper was with Maria. She, Hannah was wary of. In her vision of Jasper's past, she didn't see the connection between them. Why they would be friends, that is. The youngest Brandon would keep an eye on her, for sure.

      Jasper reached for Hannah's hand, feeling her anxiousness rise. His thumb smoothed over the back of it, causing her to relax. She didn't realize she was so stiff until he touched her. "There's nothing to be concerned about," Jas soothed.

      She was unconvinced but nodded anyway. Her golden gaze flickered towards a familiar paring. They walked in tandem. Charlotte with a short pixie cut and angelic features. She was constantly surveying the area, as if seeking a potential threat. Peter and Charlottte were dressed similarly, clothes consisted of boyish trousers and a bomer jacket.

      Jasper stood upon seeing them, to which Hannah followed. They grasped each others forearm in greeting, wide smiles gracing their faces. Seeing as Jasper wasn't shy at all to engage, she would make the effort as well.

      "Peter, fine to see you and Charlotte again." Hannah loved the joyous smile on his face. It comforted her that this was a good decision. "Alright, Jasper," He responded in a low, clear voice.

      "This is my darlin', Hannah." He turned to reach for her, delicately grabbing her hand to pull her closer to the group. Han searched for her voice and coughed to clear her throat. A gentle and polite smile lit up her lamb-like features.

      "It's nice to meet you. I've heard many stories about you three," She took a step forward to shake Charlotte's hand, finding it stiff an unwelcoming when she touched it.

      Hannah fought the frown heavily trying to tug at her lips. Scenes of Charlotte's life at the Southern Coven flashed before her eyes. The alliance. The budding romance between Peter and her. The moment she escaped with him and when Peter went to get Jasper five years later. What was disheartening was her apprehension to come today.