III. IV | Turmoil In The Home

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   "Yes, Alexander. I will be back tomorrow, don't worry." Hannah smiled down to the teen as he laid down for his midday nap. Many thought naps were for children, but Hannah thought humans needed a break every now and again from the pressures of life. It was necessary for the patient to thrive, so she encouraged the daily pause.

   He nodded, closing his eyes only to forget what he asked her in the first place. Alexander did this every day on the hour. Took his medication, she read him a book he probably wouldn't retain for long, and then he'd ask her if she was coming back the next day – same time.

   Alex had short term memory loss after he got into a car accident at the age of seventeen. His mother, fortunately survived, but with severe conditions. She couldn't look after her son who now, didn't understand basic concepts or, that his mother was in fact his mother.

   So, Alex was sent here, for better care. At least, until he can function by his own. It was better than being put in the system. Where he could likely be forgotten and untreated. "Sleep well," She muttered gently, closing the door behind her with a soft click.

   "You're good with him," Doctor Andrews was in the hallway when she turned and she sent him a wary but polite smile. The man popped up out of nowhere most times.

   "He's young and just needs a little patience." She started walking down the hall, the doctor following after her like a shadow. Hannah wanted to see Eleanora today, but his yammering was taking up most of her time between patients.

   The Doctor thought it strange that she referred the teen as young when she herself was supposed to be the exact same age. He found a lot of the things Hannah said strange but he guessed it was just her quirky personality.

   "I was thinking you could connect with him better because you're in the same grade." Hannah pursed her lips into a strained smile, catching herself.

   "Of course," The sudden buzzing of her cell phone in her back pocket, alerted her from the present conversation. Fortunately, she didn't want to small talk much anymore. "Excuse me a moment."

   "Take your time." He waved her off, a pleasant smile on his slowly wrinkling face. Hannah waited till Dr. Andrews had long journeyed down the hall before pulling her phone out and flicking it open with her thumb. "Hello?"

   "Han, you had everything all wrong. Remind me to never ask for your advice again."

   Hannah rolled her eyes at Edward's dramatics. He was just as worse as Rosalie, not that she'd tell them that, otherwise there would be a big argument on the horizon, further proving her point. Readjusting her lab coat, she muttered, "Just tell me what happen with Isabella and I'll see if I can salvage it for you."