《25》

Naira's POV

I was reading a magazine that I saw Siya crying and rushing towards the most back seat in the corner.

Kartik was following her.

"Siya", he called out but Siya didn't listen.

I stopped him.

"What's wrong?", I asked him.

"Siya....Siya...she's really upset Naira. Her eyes were bloodshot red. She's gonna hate me", Kartik said, his voice heavy as he was gasping for breath.

"What did you do?", I asked him sternly.

"She....she gotta know that Nidhi's pregnant", Kartik blurted out and looked at me with guilty eyes.

"What!", I said shocked.

"Yeah Naira...even I got to know about it today itself", He said as he looked at me trying to read my expression.

"And the baby is yours?", I asked about to burst into tears.

"Yeah", he nodded.

I turned back and shut my eyes, letting the tears flow down my face. I wiped away my tears and turned towards him.

"Stay here....lemme speak to her. Don't go near her, she'll probably kill you for what you've done!", I warned him and walked towards Siya.

I rushed towards the back seats and saw Siya sitting and crying there. I sat next to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Siya", I called her.

"Go away", she said and burst into tears.

"Baby....", I cooed her and hugged her tightly.

"I know you're upset with dad", I said and Siya released the hug.

"You knew?!", Siya started suspecting me.

"No  baby....I got to know it now from your dad", I explained. She looked down at the floor.

"See Siya....don't treat your dad as if he had committed a crime. He'll feel bad, right? It wasn't his mistake. Nobody can change what happened", I  tried to make her understand.

"I hate him", She said and started crying.

"Don't hate me baby", Kartik said from behind.

We turned back to look at him. Kartik walked forward and sat in front of Siya.

"Siya....it wasn't planned okay?", Kartik tried to explain her.

"Didn't you use those condoms you had in your suitcase?!", I taunted him.

Kartik looked at me, shocked.

"What! You checked my suitcase?!", He asked shocked.

"While searching for Ahana's bunny, I unfortunately found them", I replied.

"I used them but they got ripped off. I'm not at fault", Kartik defended himself.

"Have you guys lost your mind? I'm sitting right in front of you and dad it's not at all appropriate to discuss such things in front of your daughter!", Siya shouted at both of us.

"Sorry baby....but listen to me on-", I tried to say but she interrupted me in between.

"No....I'm not gonna listen to you. You know what dad? I'm glad you're sending me away to boarding school...I can never live in this hell. Now when the new baby comes, you're gonna forget all of us. I won't be surprised if you sent us all to an orphanage!", Siya taunted Kartik, releasing all her anger on him.