《30》

AATISH'S POV

It was 9 pm. Everyone was in the front yard planning for Ahana's birthday party. Ahana was asleep and I just sneaked out of my room to the living room, to talk to Siya.

I dialled the number looking at the reception number of her boarding school and waited for the call to get picked up.

"Hello...St Mary's boarding school", a lady picked up the phone and spoke in her fine, eloquent voice.

"Hello....Good evening...may I speak to Siya Goenka please?", I requested her.

"May I know who is this?", the lady asked.

"Its her brother Aatish", I replied clearly getting impatient.

"I'm sorry kid....but this is not the time to speak to anyone. The talking hour is finished. Please try again tomorrow", the lady said and was about to keep the call that I interrupted her.

"Listen lady....I dont care what time is it, I just want to speak to my sister. You better give the phone to her or else...", I continued to say but heard Siya's voice from the other side.

"Aatish", she said surprised.

"Hey Siya...how did you get the phone from that lady?!", I asked confused.

"I've my own ways", Siya replied and I chuckled.

"How's everyone? How are you? I'm missing you so much!", she said, her voice quivering at the end.

"I miss you too sissy", I replied trying not to get emotional.

"What's everyone doin'?", Siya asked.

"Planning for Ahana's birthday party", I replied.

"Ohh", Siya said.

"Hmm", I continued.

"What's wrong?", Siya asked all of a sudden.

"What do you mean?", I asked her trying to act as if everything's normal.

"Something's wrong Aatish. I can make it out from ur voice", Siya replied.

"Nothing Siya....chill", I said trying to sound cool.

But I can't hide anything from my twin sister....

"Aatish....speak or I'm gonna end this call now", Siya blackmailed me, forcing me to say the truth.

I sighed.

"Its dad....he has changed. He doesn't care about us anymore. He doesn't want us. We are just a burden for him. You can't believe what he said today!", I blurted out the truth.

"What...?", Siya asked.

"He said that he doesn't want us and that he must've listened to grand ma and sent all of us to her place so that he could live happily here", I said and sighed, rubbing my forehead with my palms.

"I knew it since the beginning Aatish....that's the reason he sent me to boarding school. He just wants to separate us", Siya replied in a disappointing tone.

Just then, I heard footsteps approaching the room.

"I'll talk to you later Siya. Someone's coming", I said and ended the call.

It was dad.

"Hey Aatish....whom were you talking to?", he asked me opening the fridge.

"Siya", I replied and stood there.

As soon as he heard Siya's name, he closed the door of the fridge and turned  towards me.

"How's she? Is she okay?", He asked concerned as he walked closer to me.