《62》

KARTIK'S POV

We had to leave for Hawaii today. All our bags were packed. We were ready. Our flight was in the evening. And it was 2 pm in the after noon. But Pammi Aunty suggested us to go soon, so that we can spend more time at the airport. We were about to leave the house in almost fifteen minutes.

"Okay so guys....no house parties, no pool parties, no nightouts while we are gone. No fighting, no kicking, no stupid stuff while we're gone. No troubling Pammi Aunty while we're gone. Early to bed, early to rise while we're gone. And most importantly, none of your shiftless friends over at my house while-", I was about to complete my sentence that Siya interrupted me.

"While you're gone...we know! Now please be gone already!!!", Siya said frustrated and Aatish hit her stomach with the back of his elbow and smiled sheepishly at us.

"Aaaooooww",Siya whined and then looked at us with a thirty-two teeth smile.

"I meant you both will be getting late. I don't want you guys late for your honeymoon. C'mon guys just leave now...", Siya said with utmost cheerfulness and stood beside the door, signing us to get out already. Something was fishy with this girl. Something was going on in that evil, troublesome brain of hers. I looked at her suspiciously.

"Don't go daddy!!", Ahana whined as she hugged my legs again. I saw Siya rolling her eyes and sighing in defeat. I took a deep breath and knelt in front of Ahana, pulling her away from my leg.

"Baby....even I'll miss you. Guys are you really sure-", I began to ask the kids but Siya pulled Ahana towards her.

"We're sure dad. Its just a matter of five days. The little kid's in shock. She hasn't stayed far away from you anytime, probably that's the reason. But don't worry, we'll take care of her", Siya assured as she continued to smile foolishly while patting Ahana's head.

"Okay then...take care you guys", I said looking at them and hugged them individually.

"We'll miss you both", they said showing us their puppy eyes. Oh...those irresistible dark brown round puppy eyes.

"We'll miss you guys too", Naira said looking down at Ahana and ruffling her hair.

"We'll miss you too Oreo", I said looking at Oreo and he barked.

"Everyone will miss each other...great? Now if we're done with this farewell ceremony, you both should be in your car already", Pammi Aunty said pointing at the car in the drive way and we nodded.

We took a last glance at the kids. They were waving at us with smiling faces. Only Ahana had made a crying face. But I diverted my gaze from her because if I looked at her any longer, I wouldn't be able to leave her. As both of us were going to cross the doorstep, Naira left my hand and moved back. I looked at her confused.

"I can't go. I'm not able to leave these guys", she said and Ahana hugged her tight.

"Yay...I knew you would understand me mommy", Ahana said releasing the hug and Naira caressed her face.

I sighed in disbelief and placed my bag down.

"Have I got no opinion?", I asked Naira frustrated.

"Haash....I should've known it. Nothing can go straight in this family. Kartik gimme those tickets, I and Param Ji will go on our honeymoon 2.0", Pammi Aunty said as she sat on the sofa, sighing in defeat.

"After you get to know about Siya's plans of house parties, pool parties, nightouts, calling her smelly friends over- most of them being boys, I think you'll change your opinion dad", Ahana said smirking at Siya and Siya's eyes turned as big as saucers.