《57》

KARTIK'S POV

I was jogging with the dog on the leash jogging beside me. Till now it has been good, I expect everything to be like this after also.

"See this thing is not so hard. You're pro Kartik...there's nothing you can't do. You can control a dog, you can handle any shit in this world", I talked to myself.

Just then that dog pooped. My eyes got wide and I made a disgusted face. Oreo sat there, giving me an innocent look, looking at me with his tongue out.

"You really have a bad timing", I told him as he licked his paws.

I took deep breaths and clipped my nose.

"Okay Kartik...this can't be that bad. Just close your eyes. Come on, you have changed your kids' diapers but in this case its a dog. Don't look at it...just pick that shit up with the tissue paper", I told myself and picked up his shit with the tissue paper. I wanted to vomit so badly. I gathered courage and threw it in the trash can.

I sighed in relief.

"It wasn't that hard", I told myself and looked down at Oreo. But he was nowhere.

"Oreo?", I said worried and spotted him running behind a female pomeranian dog. I nodded my head side to side in disbelief.

"Oreo!!", I ran behind him calling his name but he won't stop. He stopped finally and began licking her.

Bad doggy!!

I reached there on time and caught his leash.

"Oreo", I dragged him away from that dog.

"Mr. Goenka", I heard a familiar voice. I looked up from Oreo to look at Shay's mom staring at me.

Oh God....the day couldn't be this bad.

She was giving me a weird look. I looked at her confused.

"Mr. Goenka....why do you have a clip on your nose?", she asked me pointing towards my nose.

I touched my nose and was so embarrassed. I quickly took it out and chuckled nervously.

"Nothing....I was just...never mind", I said and started to walk away that she stopped me.

"When did you buy a dog by the way Mr. Goenka? And what's his name?", she asked me as she came close to me.

I took a few steps back.

"His name is Oreo and I didn't buy it. Yesterday, Ahana found him on the road alone and hungry so she brought him home. I have informed the police, they are searching for his rightful owners", I explained her and turned away to go that she stood in front of my face.

"Well....it seems your dog really likes my Lola", she said walking more closer to me and winking at me. I cleared my throat and looked down at Oreo.

Very bad choice Oreo....

"If you'll excuse me....I need to go Mrs..."  I didn't know her name.

"Tara...Tara Malhotra", she said.

"Oh great Mrs Tara Malhotra", I said nervously.

"No its Ms Tara Malhotra....I'm a divorcee...you can call me Tara. I'm desperately searching for love", she said in a seductive tone, checking me out from head to toe.

"I need to go now", I said and started to walk away with Oreo that she stopped me.

"Its okay Mr. Goenka....or I'll just call you Kartik. Ahana and Shay are very good friends....so I suppose we'll keep meeting", she said and I faked a smile.