||76||

In the evening -

Goenka Villa

Naira's PoV

I was making spaghetti for the kids in the kitchen, while I was lost in my thoughts.

I'm pregnant.

Yes, my guts were true. I was struggling between my thoughts. One half of me was happy, the other half was in a dilemma. I wanted kids of my own.....but not so soon. I mean I and Kartik had decided to wait for two years but things went out of hand. It has not even been one year of our marriage and............(sighs deeply). Its not that I'm not happy about it. I'm happier than you think but I worry about the kids.

What's gonna be their reaction about this? What's gonna be Kartik's reaction? I'm expecting a good reaction from him because he knows what this feels like. I'm already in so much love with this baby. I get butterflies in stomach when I think about it. I and Kartik created it....💞.

But about the kids.........What if they don't feel good about this baby? What if they feel ignored? What if they feel left out? What if I and Kartik aren't able to give them the attention they deserve with a baby on the way? I don't want any of them to get hurt......they're my babies too.

Ughhh....this is so tiring!!

Just then the door bell rang.

"Peter.......can you please open the door for me?", I asked him.

"Yes mam", Peter replied and walked away. Peter is our housekeeper. He's been there with Kartik since the beginning. He feels like family now.

I continued making the spaghetti and having a battle inside my own self.

"Naira puttar", I heard Pammi Aunty's voice from behind. I turned off the gas stove and looked back at her.

"What happened putarr? Why did you call me in such a hurry?", she asked me cupping my face.

I looked at her worried. I held her hand and took her to the living room.

After reaching the living room, we sat ourselves on the sofa. For a few seconds, there was awkward silence between us. I was staring at her nervously, not finding the correct words to speak and she was staring at me cluelessly.

"Will you speak something putarr? I left my favourite TV show in between to come here. What's the matter putarr? Do you know the episode was the Mahaepisode?", Pammi Aunty said and I took a deep breath and held her hands.

"Pammi Aunty.....Kartik's gonna be very upset if he gotta know that I told you about this prior to him. But the thing is, I'm in a great dilemma right now. I've no idea how to react to this. When the right time comes, I'll tell him about this all by myself", I spoke looking into her eyes directly. I tried to be straight-forward and to the point as much as I could because I had no time to beat around the bush.

"About what?", Pammi Aunty asked waiting to hear my reply.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"I'm pregnant", I blurted out and she looked at me surprised as well as shocked but mostly surprised. She didn't reply anything after that. She continued to look at me with eyes as big as saucers and mouth shaped in a big 'O'. I snapped my finger in front of her and brought her out of her trance.

"What did you just say? Say it once again. I think I misheard", she said and brought her ear close to my mouth. I sighed in disbelief and almost shouted in her ears-

"I'm pregnant!!"

She moved away from me and looked at me with an unbelievable expression on her face.