<<36>>

KARTIK'S POV

Nidhi walked out of the house. I couldn't believe this is happening. I mean, I never thought that she could cheat on me. Here, I was planning to marry her and she had other plans. I still can't get this thing processed in my head. I mean....everything happened so suddenly. Today's not a good day for me, first Siya and then Nidhi!

I sighed and turned back to look at Sahil staring at me.

I need to tell him the truth!

I never planned things this way. I had no plan to tell the truth to Sahil this early, I was waiting for him to grow up so that he could handle things maturely.

"Sahil...is this the reason you were running away?", Naira asked him and Sahil nodded.

"What! You were running away", I said shocked as I walked towards him and bent to his level.

"Yes in the midnight. He was trying to climb the wall and make an escape. I saw him and stopped him", Naira replied.

I looked at Sahil and held his hands.

"Why were you running away baby?", I asked him.

"I was going to my real family, my real parents who love me really", Sahil replied.

I sighed and hugged him tightly.

"We are your real family Sahil, I'm your dad, your real dad and I love you more than anything", I said and released the hug.

"No,you don't. You love Ahana, Siya and Aatish more than me because they are your biological children while I'm adopted", Sahil said on the verge of tears.

"Who inserted this crap in your mind?", I asked frustrated.

"The lady whom you just kicked out of your house", Sahil replied.

"She literally brainwashed you, didn't she? You know what its all my fault. She was my choice. But Sahil, if you're adopted that doesn't mean that my love for you has lessened by any cents. I love you as much as I love Siya, Aatish and Ahana. I had decided to tell you the truth when you grow up, but things never go as planned. And hey, I don't want you to feel left out because of this. You belong to this family. We love you a lot. Do you know when you were a baby, your mom used to pamper you more than Aatish and Siya? They used to be so insecure of you(chuckles). I love you so much baby and never try to run away", I explained him hoping he would understand. He kept looking at me for some seconds and then hugged me tightly.

"I love you too daddy. And I'm sorry for trying to run away", he said and I released the hug.

"I hope you won't repeat this mistake again", I said and he nodded. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"But dad...where are my real parents, I mean biological parents?", Sahil asked nervously.

I hated to hear the "real" and "biological" word from his mouth but he needs to know the truth...

"They are no more baby. So I and your mom, we decided to take you in because you were so cute and adorable. And we didn't want to leave you alone", I said and he looked at me.

"Oh....", he said tapping his chin and I smiled at his cuteness.

"Dad...I promise never to open this topic again in life. I'm gonna press the "flush off" button in my memory so that I forget everything and trouble you no more", he said and I smiled.

"I'm proud of you son", I said and caressed his hair and he passed me a smile.

"Great, everything's alright now. Come Sahil...let's make pancakes together", Pammi Aunty said and took Sahil with her.

I looked at Naira. Naira looked back at me.

I sighed and chuckled.

"Its been a tough day, isn't it", I asked her.

"Yes it has been a tough day....but we'll come through it together", Naira said and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Can you excuse for a minute?", I asked her and she nodded.

I walked towards my room and closed the door behind. I looked around the room and remembered all the moments I had spent with Nidhi. I wasn't able to grasp the reality that Nidhi has left me for all. I slid down the wall and began crying. First Aanchal and then Nidhi....everybody leaves me. I looked at the ring that I had slid into Nidhi's finger, a few months ago. Maybe Nidhi wasn't the right owner for this ring.

I looked at our photographs, mine and Nidhi's. I took out a lighter from the drawer and burnt them all. I don't want my past to ruin my present and future. I should forget her. It is gonna be hard, I know....but I'll forget her. She wasn't good for me....I deserve someone better.

AATISH'S POV

I was making Siya drink soup. She was making faces, but it was important for her to recover quicker.

"Why were you ignoring dad?", I asked Siya.

"Was I?", she asked back.

"It was evident from your behavior Siya that you were ignoring him. I know it sounds weird, but dad isn't at fault. He just wanted best for you, though his ways were wrong. It has been hard for him since mom's death and both of us know that. Siya, if dad's wrong....we're also wrong. We also threw tantrums and didnt listen to him. He just wanted to bring everything back to normal but we just made things difficult for him. Do you know, when he came to know that you take drugs, he was continuously blaming himself. I have never seen him so vulnerable and guilty. He's trying to make things right and I think we should help him. He also saved Maria and Aditi from getting rusticated and gave them a full lecture. He wants you to come back home, he really does. We should forgive him and give him another chance, shouldn't we?", I asked her waiting for a positive reply.

"We'll see", Siya said and took another sip of the soup.

------------------------------

KARTIK'S POV

"The princess married the prince and they lived happily ever after", Naira ended the bed time story and looked at Ahana who was still wide awake.

"Naira...can I marry Shay like the princess married the prince?", Ahana asked her and Naira chuckled.

"I'm afraid not sweetheart, especially not if your daddy's around", Naira replied and kissed Ahana's forehead.

"Good night baby", Naira said and stood up.

"Good night Naira", Ahana said and closed her eyes.

Naira turned to look at me standing against the wall.

"Were you spying on us?", she asked walking out of the room and closing the door behind.

"Yeah...I was just making sure that you didn't tell any eloping plans to my daughter", I said and she chuckled.

"Are you alright?", she asked concerned.

"I am", I replied sighing.

Naira nodded and looked down at the floor.

"Thanks Naira", I said and she looked up at me.

"You needed to know the truth", she replied.

"Yeah....I should be happy that Siya's alright, my kids are still with me and you....are still with me. Thanks Naira, if it had not been for you, I would be stuck in a greater mess", I thanked her looking directly into her eyes.

"I'm always there for you Kartik", she replied and smiled.

I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and grabbed her by waist. Her hands were on my chest and we looked into each other's eyes. She closed her eyes and we started coming closer to each other. Our lips were about to meet that....

"Agar tum dono ka ho gaya hai toh...the dinner's ready", Pammi Aunty said from behind and walked away.

I loosened my grip on her and began to behave awkwardly. She couldn't stop blushing....

PRECAP: Siya comes home....