《40》

NAIRA'S  POV

We were sitting at the dining table for dinner. The kids were chattering among themselves. Kartik was silent this whole time and I was just staring at him, trying to make out what's wrong with him.

Pammi Aunty came with the Dahi Bhalle, holi special and they were looking awfully delicious🤤.

"Wow Pammi Aunty..... Dahi Bhalle!! They look so delicious", I said excited and began eating.

"Mmmm", I moaned as its taste melted in my mouth.

I looked at Kartik and tried to cheer him up.

"Kartik....these are so delicious. Try them once", I said and forwarded him a plate.

"Yes dad...they are very tasty", Siya said as she stuffed the Dahi bhalla in her mouth.

Kartik looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at him.

He picked up a spoon and took a piece of dahi bhalla and tasted it.

"Its so delicious aunty", he looked at Pammi Aunty and she caressed his hair.

But I knew something's not right with him, something's bothering him....

Is it the kiss we shared?

-----------------------

KARTIK'S POV

I was working on my laptop in my bedroom. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in", I said.

It was Aatish.

"Are you free now dad?", he asked.

"Yeah...of course", I said closing my laptop and walking up to him.

"What's the matter?" I asked him as I reached him.

"You can't believe what happened with me today!", he sounded excited.

"What?", I asked confused.

"Aayat accepted my proposal and kissed me. Dad, can you believe it? My first kiss!", Aatish said as he hugged me tightly.

"Thank you dad, its just because of your tips", he said and I patted his back. He released the hug.

"See Aatish...its not necessary that it worked out because of my tips only. Maybe, she really liked you. But buddy, don't take it too fast...take it slow. You both are kids only. Don't do anything that you'll regret later okay. Don't become too distracted....be focused okay?",  I tried to explain him.

"Yes dad. You trust me, right?", he asked.

"Ofcourse champ", I replied and he walked away.

I sighed and started walking towards the bed that hearing Naira's voice, I stopped.

"Kartik", she called. I turned to look at her standing near the door.

"Yes", I replied and she walked towards me.

"What's wrong with you?", she asked concerned.

"What's wrong with me?", I asked confused.

"I mean - What's bothering you? You can't hide it from me, Kartik. I've been noticing you since we came back. You're ignoring me. Is it the ki-", she began to say but Sahil interrupted her.

"Dad...come soon. Ahana doesn't stop crying",  Sahil informed me and rushed upstairs.

I and Naira looked at each other and rushed upstairs to the girls' room to find Ahana crying and Siya rolling her eyes.