Chapter 6

"Yeh bye"
He replied, with his happy voice.

Lisa waved before strolling her cart making a bee line through the aisle. She feel like leaving him. Not so soon so she stopped on her tracks turning around, nervously looking at the smiley face guy. In seconds his expression turned into something confused. He waited for the girl to get the words out of her mouth.

"Um... W-would you like to join me for some tea?"
She asked in the most polite way. Of course she stuttered.

He just smiled widely, showing his perfect white milk teeth before replying.
"I would, gladly"

**

It was around five in the evening and the two were so engrossed in the conversation of random things. Time went by so quickly that they didn't even notice it.

"You have a puppy?"
Lisa asked, eyes starry giving full attention to his reply.

"Well not a puppy, he's grown up now.
His name is Yeon Tan"
He replied all happy.

"Where is he now?"
She questioned.

"He's staying with my mum now, but he'll be here in few days!"

"Awww I wanna meet him when he comes!!"
Lisa squealed.

"Sure!"

"Lis.. what's the time?"
Taehyung questioned, as he took out his phone.

"Omg! I have to go... I didn't even notice... Time went by so quickly!"
He hurriedly got up from the couch, grabbing his coat.

"Yeh.. it felt like minutes.. I'm sorry if I have disturbed any of your schedules"
She said, worriedly.

"No.. you didn't.. I just have to go and meet an old friend"
He replied with a reassuring smile.

"So I'll be leaving then.."
He bowed before exiting through the main door.

"Bye!"
Lisa said before closing the door behind her.

"Omg!! asdfghijklmn..."
She started squealing, like a fangirl.

"He's sooo cutee~"

*Ding dong*

Just then her doorbell rang, making her pause for a second. Quickly Lisa peeped through the eyehole, wondering who would it be.

Reality hit her. It was Jungkook, who looked so tensed that he could break the door if no one's opening it the next moment.

"Shoot"
Lisa mumbled, before opening the door quickly.

"Hey.. Kook..."
She said, almost like a whisper.

She felt like hiding from his anger burning eyes. She felt so weak that she started to scrunch the hem of her shirt.

"Why you didn't come?"
He asked short, entering the apartment removing his coat and backpack in process.

Unbuttoning the top two buttons of his white collar shirt, he towered over the shivering girl.

Lisa kept quiet, eyes fixed at the ground sticking her back to the door after closing it shut. She knew the reason of his anger. She missed her class which she has never done and didn't reply his texts or calls.

"Answer me!"
Jungkook almost yelled, running his hands through this hair.

"I slept"
The girl replied with the tiniest voice.

"You're lying"
He replied, impatiently waiting for the right answer.

"I'm sorry... I didn't feel like coming"
She replied, still looking at the ground.

"Look at me Lis!"
He took few steps towards her.

"Why do you care? It's not a big deal to skip class for one day!"
She shot back tearing up.

"Why are you always questioning me?? I'm not a baby or your doll!"
She said hitting his chest few times.

"Because I'm worried of you paboya!"
Jungkook yelled back clutching onto her slender arms.

"Why is that??"
She asked, now a crying mess.

"Because.."
He was at loss of words. He can't reveal his feelings for her now, it would ruin their friendship totally.

"Why don't you just answer the damn question??"
He asked again.

"I didn't come because I was hanging out with a boy!!"
She yelled pushing the guy to the side, before plopping herself on the couch.

"You kidding me?"
The boy asked, quite taken back.

"No I'm not. I had so much fun with him that I didn't even notice the time."
She replied sternly, wiping her tears away.

Letting out a sigh Jungkook finally suppressed his anger and took a seat near the girl.

"Who is he?"
He asked, with a sad smile.

She didn't reply anything or even look at him.

"Do I know him? Hey say something Lis!"
He pulled her so that she was facing him.

"No!!"
She just put her tongue out, replying.

"Is that so?"
Jungkook started tickling her, soon the room was filled with giggles and pleas to stop the act.

"Okok I'll spill the tea!"
She said before composing herself.

"His name is Taehyung.. he lives next door."
She said smiling.

"He's so sweet! He's from Daegu... He's a Univ student too!"

"Oh.."
Was all that came from Jungkook's mouth.

The boy was in so much pain yet he managed to put off a smile. He loved her so much that it's like stabbing himself with thousand knives when hearing her speak about some other boy.

He knew the look in her eyes while she's speaking of the new one, it's the same look Jungkook has when he looks at Lisa. She likes him, it was evident in her tone.

This much was enough to bury him alive. He's been keeping his feelings towards Lisa to himself as he feared that it would ruin their friendship. Now knowing that she has someone else in her life, he has to do it for the rest of his life.

Lisa kept ranting about her newly found obsession to the boy, while he sat spacing out in his own world of pain and vain.

"Jungkook!! You even listening?"
She shook the boy's shoulders grabbing his attention.

"Yeh I am.."
He replied, taking her hands in his and playing with her fingers.

The girl continued with her ranting again, this time Jungkook fixed his eyes on her face taking in her features memorising every detail, so that he could remember them forever.

"I'll make sure you meet him one day! Before that I'm gonna man up and ask him out to be my boyfriend!"
She said proudly.

"Woah... Is this my Lisa? The introvert cute lil girl I know? Where did all this courage come from?"
Jungkook questioned quite surprised by her statement.

"I know right.. it's all because of him!"
She replied happily.

"Oo I'm very curious abt this guy.. I wanna meet him as soon as possible and confirm whether he deserves my princess or not"
Jungkook ruffled her hair before pinching her cheeks lightly.

"Ooo the protective best friend!!"
She said throwing her arms around him and hugging him.

"I love you Jungkook.. I'm the luckiest to have you as my best friend"
She said burying her face in his chest.

"Yeh... Me too..."
The boy hugged her tight, as if it's his last.

***

Thank you for reading!!
Stay safe lovelies!