Chapter 7

"She likes someone else hyung..."
Jungkook sighed, sipping his coffee.

Currently Jungkook and his friend were seated at a cafe near the university, having a chat with some coffee.

"What makes you say that?"
The elder asked a bit surprised.

"I can see it in her eyes, the passion, desire, happiness... Love. Everything."
Jungkook replied.

"I should just hide my feelings... For the sake of our friendship. I can't afford to lose her"
He said again, head hanging low.

"Seriously? Is this my Jungkook speaking or has someone possessed you?"
The elder asked, again surprised.

"What else can I do hyung?"
He questioned.

"Confess everything to her and let her decide, whether to choose you or leave you"
The elder said sipping his coffee.

"Yah! Park Jimin! Are you trying to kill me or something? Confess? If she leaves me you've got not idea how crazy I'll turn!"
The youngest threw back, slapping his hands on the table.

"Yah... You're the one who asked me what you could do! Nevermind.. just let it loose she's not gonna leave your side ok! They're not together yet Jungkook-ah, so don't hurt yourself by thinking about the 'possibilities' of them getting together"
Jimin tried to knock some sense on his head.

"Hmm..."
Jungkook simply sighed, sipping his coffee.

"Ok I've gotta go practice! The Spring concert is round the corner, so we've got extra routine to catch up with"
Jimin said as he paid for the coffees and got up.

"Bye! Kookie we'll see in the evening!"

"Mmm bye!"

***

It's lunch break now and everyone in the campus were either entering the cafeteria or exiting the Univ to grab lunch outside. Jungkook was walking in the corridors heading towards the cafe, when a girl approached him.

"Um... Jungkook-ah.. can we speak? I've got something to say..."
The girl seemed nervous, yet she managed to take out the words from her mouth.

"Yes. Go ahead"
He simply, replied.

"I really like you Jungkook... I've never had the courage to say this to you but... today it felt like it's now or never..."
The girl breathed out, making the boy speechless.

"I already know your answer.. but I just wanted to lift the weight off my heart by confessing this to you.. so that you can reject me properly"
She seemed really sad, yet a smile which didn't reach her eyes was plastered.

"Um.. I've gotta think about it... And I don't even know your name.."
Jungkook sheepishly smiled scratching his nape, to lighten her mood.

"Oh it's Hee Ji"
She said, returning a smile.

"Well Hee Ji, it was nice meeting you! I want sometime to think about this.. untill then can we be friends?"
The boy asked with a smile, looking into her eyes.

"Are you serious?"
She asked surprised. She was about to break down out of happiness.

"Yes, dead serious. Yes or no?"
He replied again.

"Yes!"
She said with a wide grin.

They both exchanged their numbers, one with a happy smile and another with a heavy heart. And got back to what they were doing earlier. He felt bad for giving her false hope. But this was better than being rejected, he could imagine how painful it would be. And she seemed very sincere in her words, so he didn't want to break her heart.