Chapter 25

The chill breeze blowing ever so lightly, Lisa woke up to a foggy morning, which clouded the windows. Pushing her heavy body up she tried to sit up straight.

But the stinging pain of her feets instantly rushed into her senses as she hissed lightly pushing the warm sheets away from her legs. The white gauze painted dirty by her blood, hung loose around her injured skin.

"This is gonna hurt"
She muttered to herself biting her lips as she tried to get out of the bed, placing her sole flat on the floor.

The burning pain reaching her nerves like lasers she clenched her jaw, trying to bare it. Holding onto the wall she took slow steps towards door. Her bruised palms stung sore, as she supported her weight on it.

Somehow reaching the door, she halted for a brief second, catching her breath. Holding onto the door frame Lisa was about to take her next step out, but a particular voice held her back from doing it.

"I'd like to apply for the student exchange programme for the next year..."
He spoke, his morning voice rough and dense.

"Anywhere is fine... I don't really mind"

"Thank you professor... I really appreciate it... I'll meet you next week with the papers..."

"Mmm... Thank you again..."

Student exchange programme?, A lump forming on her dry throat, her breath hitched lightly as she tried suppress her bubbling up emotions.

'Again. You're listening to the things you shouldn't be hearing, Lisa', she smiled weakly as the thought crossed her mind.

'He's leaving...', The sad smile fading away she continued on her painful tracks making her way into the living room.

The ceramic and the glass clinking against eachother, Jungkook sweeped the kitchen floor clean piling the pieces in the middle. Letting out a sigh he stared down, eyes fixed on the pieces.

"Broken... shattered, Am I any indifferent?"
He mumbled low to himself as he crouched down collecting the pieces and throwing them away in the trash can.

"Jungkook"
Lisa muttered, staring at him with her blank face.

Shooting his head up Jungkook met eyes with her, holding his emotionless gaze on the girl for a moment. Emptiness brimming his heart, he sighed lightly, looking away.

"Sit. I'll change your dressings after cleaning this"
He stated as he continued to pick the pieces.

"Mmm"
As said Lisa obeyed him quietly and managed to get to the couch, waiting for him.

Thoughts elsewhere, Jungkook dumped the pieces not really paying attention to safety. Once done with the work he grabbed the medic kit and made his way to her after cleansing his hands.

Crouching down in front of the girl, he pulled out few medic supplies to treat the cuts. Undoing the stained gauze he threw it aside before cleaning the injured area with a piece of cotton dipped in hydrogen peroxide.

Lisa bit her lips hissing lightly which gained a muttered 'sorry' from the boy. Applying some ointment to heal the wounds, Jungkook wrapped the area with a new white gauze finishing his work.

"It'll be fine if don't walk around much"
Jungkook mumbled, getting back to his previous position.

"Ok"
Lisa replied, gazing at him.

"Let me bring you some ice for-"

"Jungkook your hands"
She cut him off, pointing her fingers at his arm.