Chapter 12

The performers of the concert received permissions from the Univ management to practice late even after the curfew. They needed the extra time to nail the performances.

After few hours of practicing, the band finally took a break and let the other groups to practice too. Taking off their sweat drenched shirts the boys were lying on the lawn catching their breaths.

Jungkook decided to check on Lisa as it was almost 5pm, the gates closing time. Quickly unlocking his phone he found five unread texts and two missed calls from Hee Ji. He felt disappointed that the texts and calls weren't from Lisa. With a sigh he replied the worried girl before texting Lisa.

Kookie!🐽🐖:
You busy?

After few minutes his phone lit up displaying a message from her.

🌌Lis Princess! 👑:
Nope.
Just few stuffs to do at the fare
but my classmates said that
they'll take care of it.

Kookie!🐽🐖:
So heading home??

🌌Lis Princess! 👑:
Yeh planning to.
Tired af.
Wau?
The sound check thingy?

Seeing her text something popped up in his mind. Smiling to himself he replied back.

Kookie!🐽🐖:
Nah.
Even I'm tired
So planning to
head home as well

🌌Lis Princess! 👑:
Ook then
See ya later! Bye

Kookie!🐽🐖:
Yeh! Bye👋

With that he turned his phone off with a happy grin. He planned to surprise her tomorrow by dropping the bomb that he's gonna be singing on stage at the concert.

While Lisa hates surprises, she says that it gives her heart attacks. Although the boy knew it very well, he planned to drop one on her. He already knew the consequences yet, wanted to pull it off. Lisa smacking Jungkook's ass for 'surprising' her. What's more funnier?

After the short break they got back to practicing. The set list was quite long as the concert was up till midnight. Jungkook and the band together had five songs to perform and the other members had their own solo or duo stages.

As for Jimin and Hoseok they're teamed up to put on a contemporary dance duo. Yoongi will be playing a piano piece with Jin's vocals. And Namjoon has prepared a rap battle with Yoongi and Hoseok. That was it for Bangtan, still there were few other soloists and groups on the set list.

Music blaring through the speakers the members jammed the music as if it's their last, even during the rehearsals. Louder than bombs they performed capturing the very few audience's heart who couldn't wait for the real concert and gathered for the sound check.

And one of them was Hee Ji who had the biggest crush on the guy singing his heart out on stage. After finishing all her assigned works, she looked for Jungkook to hang out with. Even though it was time for curfew, she cared less.

Hearing few girls whisper his name with words like concert venue and all that she assumed that Jungkook would be there. But she didn't expect the scene that was happening in front of her after crashing at the spot.

It was him. Holding a microphone with his long slender fingers, eyes closed feeling the music and patiently waiting for his turn to sing. His white shirt completely drenched in sweat sticking to his torso, revealing his defined abs. His warm voice, fresh and deep ringing the eardrums magnifying one's senses.