Chapter 13

Just one more hour to go and the arena will be booming with loud music. Jungkook felt nervous as the time ticked, seconds passing. Even having his hyungs by his side didn't really calm him down. Fear of messing up the performance got the best of him, making him restless.

He tried to distract himself but it didn't really help him to cope up with the situation. Only one can save him from this. He quickly grabbed his phone and dialled her number.

Lis Princess!👑
Dialling...

Within few rings the line got connected. Letting out a relieving sigh Jungkook spoke.

"Lis"

"Hey Kook!"
As usual she sounded cheerful.

"Hey"
He said, his voice almost inaudible.

"You ok? You sound off"
She sounded worried.

"Nah... Just nervous about the stage... What if I screw up something?"
He asked worried.

"Idiot. You're not good at screwing up things boi! You're only good at nailing up masterpieces. Trust me after the stage you'll be grinning ear to ear, crushing me in one of your bear hugs making me beg to loosen the grip"
She said making him chuckle and feel at ease.

"This is why I need you Lali!"
He yelled through the line happily.

"Of course I'm the goddess Lalisa Manoban!"
She replied, proudly.

"Better get your ass here before 15 minutes of the beginning! Or else it'll be crowded and you can't search for your seat"
He informed her.

"Yeh yeh muscle pig... I'll make sure to come"
She was rolling her eyes at his statement.

"I'm counting on you doll!"
He exclaimed.

"Okok! I gotta go now see you later at the concert"
She bid bye before hanging up.

Jungkook felt content after the little conversation with her. He felt better from worse. Wearing a smile he made sure to nail the performances, just like she said. And maybe then, he would look attractive in her eyes? One can only hope for it. Keep your fingers crossed Kook.

Lisa couldn't wait to finish her shift in the cash counter and head out. She was thrilled when she heard that Jungkook is finally doing something which he loved. That dork is quite reserved and doesn't do anything other than being a workaholic and a book worm. All he ever does is hit the gym, workout like there's no tomorrow and learn as if it's his last.

She felt truly happy for her best friend who didn't dodge the chance to do something he loves.

"I'm done for the day Gyu! I'm leaving now see ya later"
Lisa bid bye to her friend from her class before exiting the book fare.

"Finally!"
She smiled stretching a bit.

"Lisa!!"
She heard a familiar voice.

"Oh hey Hee Ji"
She smiled greeting the girl.

"You're not mad at me right?"
She questioned cautiously.

"No, not at all!"
She replied.

"Thank god! So let's go to the concert?"
She asked draping her arms around Lisa's shoulders.