Chapter 18

Finals, this time of year for a student might be tough but working hard on it would definitely pay off later and Lisa strongly believed in it. Studying day and night she really worked her ass off for the exams. Two tests down and four more yet to take.

Having to cover tonnes of portions her sleeping patterns got worse than the study months. To top everything, the fear of getting nightmares often got the best of her making the girl a night owl. To fix herself from it Lisa frequently crashed at Taehyung's place for a sleepover, believing that she sleeps well with him. But the price for it came along as body aches from 'sleeping in bad positions'.

Even today it was the same. Lisa had just got back from his place after taking a short evening nap with him. Settling down in her desk with a mug of coffee by her side, she continued with her studying.

Drowning deep into her book, Lisa lost track of time not really minding it. The caffeine being her fuel, she left the table only to make a refill of it. Half way through the third lesson, she was completely engrossed in taking down the important key points of the chapter.

It was past 11 in the night when her phone buzzed, receiving a call. Not minding to check the caller ID, she simply answered it taking the phone near her ears.

"Hello?"
She spoke.

"Hey Lis!"
It was her best friend's cheerful voice.

"Hey Kook"
She greeted back, still concentrating on her work.

"I'm at the park near your apartment, do you mind coming down?"
The boy asked expectantly.

"Yeh I do"
She sassed.

"Don't be so cold ajummah! Take a break I'm trying to help you!"

"No need for it right now Kook"

"Just this once Lali! You're over working yourself and I can't stand to see my best friend do that!"
He protested.

"Jeez.. fine but only for few minutes and I'll get back"
Lisa finally gave in.

"Then come down quickly! I'm waiting for you!"
The boy said before hanging up.

Puffing out her cheeks, Lisa got out of her home grabbing a jacket along. Walking down the streets and taking a sharp turn in the end she arrived at the small rundown park at the back of her apartment. Eyes searching for a familiar pair, it landed on the boy gazing at the stars seated on top of the huge slide set.

"I'm here"
She stated, climbing up the ladder.

"Hey Lis!"
He grinned.

"Hey hey"
She simply greeted taking a seat near him.

Jungkook handed over a pack of ice cream to the girl, munching his own. Silence taking over, the pair quietly admired the night sky dotted with blinking crystals.

"Do you remember our old times? We had a similar king sized slide set back at our old town. We used to play there day and night not caring about anything"
He said glancing at the girl, smiling.

"Of course I do. How can I forget the place where I broke most of my limbs and joints?"
She replied, both of them chuckling at the fact.

"We used to play tag, hide and seek, warm and cold... Even if it's just the two of us at times we made the best out of it... Life was perfect then"
He recalled the happy times.

"I agree..."
She took a deep breath, fixing her gaze back at the stars.

Reminiscing the old times with her best friend a small smile crept up Lisa's lips. As her attention remained glued to the sky Jungkook took it as an opportunity and slipped his head on the girl's lap, resting there comfortably.