Chapter 22

"I miss him..."

"Help me find him"

"Jungkook... I miss him"

The words kept repeating in his mind, on loop. Staring at the floor Jungkook, spaced out not realising that his professor had been chanting his name a few times trying to get his attention.

"Jungkook"
At last the boy snapped out, when he was lightly tapped on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?"
The old man questioned as he scanned the boy.

"Y-yeh... I'm fine Professor"
He smiled weakly.

"Here's the coffee"

"Thanks"
He mumbled, grabbing the mug lightly.

"So what's the thing that you wanted to clarify with me?"
The old man questioned as he fixed his gaze on his student.

Fiddling with his mug, Jungkook hesitated to speak up. He didn't know how to start or where to start either. Taking a quick sip of the warm coffee, he inhaled lightly clearing his jumbled mind.

"Um... There's a friend of mine, she's been mentally disturbed lately... And for the past few days it's getting worse..."
The words left his lips as he stared at the mug in his hands.

"I don't know what to do to help her..."
He added, his voice almost inaudible.

"On what basis do you say she's mentally disturbed?"
The professor directed a question towards Jungkook.

Letting out sigh the boy placed his mug on the table, before starting to narrate the incidents in detail to him. It would be tiring to explain every single scene, but he would rather feel tired than miss out an important clue in the storyline.

"When I came to know that she had confessed her love to him, I didn't know what to do... I loved her so much that it killed me to stay any longer by her side.."
Jungkook smiled weakly as he played back all those scenarios one by one.

"And then... I left her. I stayed away from her for few weeks... And for an odd reason we both suffered badly in those days"
He lightly chuckled at the miserable coincidence.

"I couldn't hold back myself from knowing whether my absence had affected her or not.. so I seeked Jimin's help to check on her..."
He paused for a second, inhaling lightly.

"And that's when we accidentally came across our first clue... As for Lisa's state at that time, she was pretty fine I guess? I still doubt those words because that's what she had said Jimin, but when I met her after those few weeks of exile she revealed that she had been getting worse nightmares"

"After all those chaos we faced, we were tied back with our finals and few weeks went by with us taking the exams"

"Before the last exam or so I asked her to introduce her boyfriend to me, for which she accepted right away and promised me to do so after the last test..."
Breath hitched in his throat as he further recalled the incidents.

"She kept her word... And as said after the final exam we headed straight to meet up with him. But when we reached his apartment, the place where he had agreed to hang out at... the apartment... It was empty.."
He breathed out, clasping his palm nervously.

"Like the whole apartment was deserted as if no one were living there... Just then Lisa collapsed in front of me gasping for air... I had no idea of what was going on at that time, I couldn't even process anything..."

"But somehow I handled the situation with Jimin's help and after that Lisa was hospitalised... More like traumatized"

"And when I opened up to Jimin narrating the incidents expecting to clear my head, he made it even more complicated by revealing that when he had visited Lisa's home he helped a painter who was working on the renovation of the home near to Lisa's which is supposedly his"
He sighed wondering whether it made any sense.