a plan and a phone call

She had a plan

She had a plan. The idea was planted in her mind when Kate Hudson ran off with the necklace at the end of the movie. She looked to see what Harry's reaction was and the first thing she noticed was his thumb and forefinger playing with his bottom lip, drawing her attention to his lips, his really pink lips. That's when the plan was hatched. The longer the night was, the more she liked her plan, the more detailed it became and the better her future self would pull it off.

It was when Harry walked her back down to her room that the nerves began bubbling, she felt the butterflies fluttering in her stomach, her hands getting sweatier and sweatier by the minute. When they reach her door and turn to each other, she knows if she doesn't do it now, she'll never do it. She takes a deep breath, lifting her gaze to Harry's as he stands in front of her with a small smile. "Tonight was really great" He says softly and she nods, taking another breath before taking the leap.

However perfect the plan was made out to be in her head, there were details, important details that she left out. She didn't factor in the height difference for one, she was shorter than him, shorter than she thought. The next thing she didn't think about was the distance they were stood at, if they were just a bit closer. And lastly, she didn't realise he had the exact same plan as her.

So when Frankie lifted her head and Harry lowered his, Frankie leaned forward and so did Harry but the thing that made the plan shatter before their eyes was inevitable for Francesca Hallaway. Her foot slipped, they bumped heads, she fell into him and they both tumbled to the ground. Her plan was nearly perfect, she was so close.

"Oh my god" Frankie buries her head in Harry's chest, which she's on top of, completely embarrassed from what just happened. She's blushing bright red, hiding her face from Harry when she feels the chest under her shaking with laughter. She lifts her head from Harry's chest and his head is thrown back in laughter, pure laughter. She frowns, confused as to why he finds it so funny but soon, her laughter follows his.

Picture this, two grown adults, lying on the hotel hallway floor, in fits of laughter, crazy right?Well Amelia thought the same, that's why when she opens the room door, she immediately stops her movement, staring at the two people on the floor in shock. "Frankie?" Amelia asks confused.

Harry and Frankie look up at Amelia like deers caught in a headlight, shocked at being brought back into a world in which they're not the only people that exist. As quick as Amelia could say her name, Frankie jumps off Harry and stumbles into the wall behind her making both Harry and Amelia laugh at her clumsiness while she blushes furiously. Harry gets onto his feet not long after and quickly says goodbye before heading back to his room while Amelia pulls Frankie into theirs.

"What the fuck happened tonight?" Amelia says as soon as the door is closed.

"What?" Frankie smiles.

"Tell me everything"

As Frankie goes through her night with Amelia, Amelia watches her friend in awe. She's never seen her friend this excited about something, let alone a man. Usually she's so closed off when it comes to men, never talking about them, barely even mentioning that she's dating someone. So to see Frankie so excited and happy because of a man, makes Amelia hopeful but also weary. There's always the risk of someone breaking your heart, but if you like that person a lot, then you'll be more heartbroken. Amelia's always been protective over Frankie, especially over boys ever since the Sam fiasco. So, as happy as she is to hear about Harry, she knows she's still gotta look out for her best friend.