three times and pink carpets

"Hello my love

"Hello my love. Sorry for not answering your call earlier this morning, we had some last minute fittings before tomorrow night. I know you asked to see pictures but m'afraid it'll have to be a surprise but I'll call you before I leave the hotel tomorrow, Alessandro is very happy to give you a personal tour of the outfit we've chosen. Um- call me when you can, miss your voice and your face. Also, it's your birthday soon and I'm planning something very special for you, so keep your night open please. I'll speak to you later, baby"

Harry is currently in New York preparing for the MET gala which is set to take place the next night while Frankie is at home in London having a normal Sunday. She had gone out for brunch with Gemma that morning and then finished some work before going to a dance class, one of her favourite things to do whenever she has time, and then making herself dinner and just preparing for her week ahead. As Frankie prepares her meals for the next few days, she can't help but realise how different her and Harry's lives actually are. She's sat in her kitchen meal prepping while he's in New York getting ready for the most exclusive party in the world.

After a few months of their relationship, Frankie still doesn't know how to handle their different lifestyles but instead of believing that it would be the fall of their relationship, this long- distance time has brought her a sense of confidence. Harry had been away three times throughout their five month relationship; the first was when he had to be in LA in the beginning of March, the second being his short weekend trip to New York to induct Stevie Nicks into the Hall of Fame and this time, the Met ball being the third.

The first time around had Frankie super insecure about their relationship. The different lifestyles completely freaking her out and making her second guess how it could possibly work between the two. The second trip had been weird for Frankie since she had seen Harry the Thursday night before he left and then again on the Monday after his weekend away, which was the usual time they saw each other, so she didn't think too much of it. But this time, the third time around he's been gone for a total of a week and is only set to arrive two days before her birthday which would bring his trip to two weeks. She misses him a lot more than she thought she would but the distance only solidified her feelings towards him and her confidence in their relationship.

She had surprised Amelia when she confessed this to her a few nights before. In March, when Harry was in LA, Frankie had admitted to Amelia that the distance had worried her. But when Frankie told Amelia how happy and confident she is about the relationship, Amelia was surprised. All her friends and family had officially met Harry by this time, both their circles slowly becoming one so when Amelia told Sarah and Glenne all about Frankie's admission, they were both equally surprised and excited, happy that someone Harry was with understood how a relationship with Harry would be.

When Harry's voice streams through Frankie's apartment as his voicemail plays, she can't help but feel equally sad and comforted by it. She realises that she misses him now more than ever, but his voice also calms her and helps her remember that he will be home soon enough.