sunday roast and big steps

"I'm nervous" Harry admits the next afternoon as he and Frankie get ready to leave for her parents' house

"Don't be" She replies from the bathroom as he walks in. "They're both really excited to meet you. Dad might be a bit late from work but nonetheless, they're both excited to meet the man who's stolen my heart" She looks at him through the mirror as she does her makeup.

"I hope they'll like me" he says softly, surprising Frankie as she'd never seen him like this before.

"I know they will" She says truthfully and he blushes.

"What can I expect?" He asks nervously.

"Mum's a sweetheart, but she takes a bit long to warm up to people, especially after Sam but I know she'll love you by the end of dinner. On the other hand, da will love you almost immediately. He's the cutest, very cheesy and loves a good joke, he isn't the typical dad but he's still very protective over me, they both are. I have a feeling the two of you will get along very well" She states and he smiles, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Yea?" He asks and she nods.

"After karaoke in Anguilla, Amelia told me that you're just like him" Frankie admits, "Don't take that in the wrong way" She quickly adds and he shakes his head with a smile.

"Never" He kisses her head, "Gem's told me a few times that you remind her of mum, your kindness"

"I really love your family" She says with a small smile

"And they love you" He smiles happily, "Speaking of, do you wanna go up to mum on Saturday for the night?" He offers and she nods quickly.  He kisses her quickly before she pushes him off her.

"Now get ready before we're late" She shoos him and he chuckles before leaving her to do her thing.

When they arrive at Frankie's parents' house, Harry opens Frankie's door and grabs the bouquet and scotch from his back seat before following Frankie to the front door. Frankie gives him a quick, soft kiss before opening the door and announcing their arrival and a reply is called from the kitchen. Frankie leads Harry through the house into the kitchen where a woman who looks freakishly similar to Frankie stands cooking what looks like pasta over the stove.

"Hi mum" Frankie smiles and kisses her mother's cheek before winking at Harry, hoping to ease his nerves as he stands at the doorway of the kitchen.

"Hello darling" Her mother kisses her head and her eyes quickly snap over to Harry.

"This is Harry" Frankie puts her hand out for Harry to walk forward as he grabs it nervously.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs Hallaway" He smiles and Frankie's mum shakes his hand seriously.

"You as well Harry" She says, and Harry realises she will indeed take a while to warm up to him and he knows he'll get her to like him.

"These are for you" he hands her the flowers. "I hope you like daisies" He adds. He knows she likes daisies, he had asked Frankie that morning when he first decided to bring her mother flowers.