Chapter 7

Joshua P.O.V

The girl explained what her father said and I was completely confused about why her father would say that. He was part of the military himself, why act like this?

"The General only told us that your dad was very high up, but he didn't tell us his name,"

"He's the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps. Sergeant Rose,"

Calleb and I both stared at her with wide eyes as the words left her mouth, "And General didn't tell us this for what reason!? He didn't tell us that we were going against Sergeant Rose's wishes, he can strip us-"

"If he does that I will personally make sure to ruin his name,"

"And how the bloody hell will you manage that!?" Calleb squeaked,

"You can't honestly think he's as innocent as he pretends to be,"

"What do you mean?"

"I can't tell you, but if he does want to strip you, you'll see it on the news and every bit of social media,"

"Jennifer-"

"I said I'll be honest from now on, and I'll stop acting like a bitch, but I can't tell you two this, not before I have my brother and sister with me,"

"It's something bad, isn't it?"

"Bad enough to get him jail time for life," silence enveloped us as we just stood there for a few minutes until Jennifer exclaimed in pain,

"Ow!" Her hand shot up to her shoulder to try and ease the pain but by the looks of it, it definitely didn't work,

"Jennifer?"

"Just my arm, I'll be fine, I promise,"

"Sit," I ordered and pointed to the couch. Both Calleb and I inspected it until Calleb spoke up,

"Jennifer, I'm not a doctor but I was interested in these kinds of things before I joined the military, and I'm positive that it's not supposed to hurt the way it is at the moment, especially after you've had it for a couple of years now. I personally believe you should go see your doctor,"

"No-No I'm not doing that,"

"And why not? This arm could seriously give you problems if you don't see your doctor. It's obviously hurting you!"

"I-I said I won't go to the doctor that put it on me, I didn't say I wouldn't see a doctor though,"

"Why not the one that put it on?"

"He works for my dad,"

I nodded in understanding and pulled a shirt on along with Calleb and held my hand out for her to take.

"What?"

"We're taking you to the medical wing. It's not up for debate." Thankfully she nodded and took my hand as she stood up, but instantly let go of it like it burned her and walked to the door after pulling her jacket from earlier over her top. We got into my car and drove to the medical wing, getting out and going to the doctor that helps Calleb and I majority of the time.

When we walked in we were met with a bunch of the Air Force soldiers sitting in the waiting room,

"So you're the new chick on base?"

"Heard you're joining our Air Force? But we haven't seen you training with us, wonder why," one of the women sneered at Jennifer as we passed, "Back off Kaleigh." Noah glared at her, "What she meant to say was, welcome. Hope you're getting settled in well. I'm Noah, E-7,"