chapter 24

"Who the bloody hell are you lot?" He asked, but as soon as Jennifer turned around to face him, he stopped what he was doing and dropped the gun, lowering his hoodie

"A-Alex?" She gaped and sprinted towards him at full speed. He opened his arms for her with a full-blown grin, catching her when she jumped into his arms.

"I missed you too sis," He soothed her as she sobbed into his shoulder,

"You remember?"

"How could I possibly forget?"

"Wait... how are you here-how are you walking-what-"

"I figured you'd be here after I went to our other house which was blown to pieces? What happened?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, brushing away her tears,

"Your sister blew it up along with everything else in there." I laughed,

"And you are..."

"Joshua, Joshua O'Connell. That's Calleb Hemmings, General Maree, and Lieutenant Black, then, of course, your uncle in the other room,"

"General and Lieutenant now? Congrats," He smiled and shook all of our hands, "So, explosion?"

"Oh, Phillip is after us all. He wants to kill us, so his men found us at the lake house after he escaped, so we blew it up after we took off,"

"Right... so what's up with the bodies in the jet at our storage place?"

"Phillip."

"Dad did that!?"

"How do you still call him father? After everything, he did to you?"'

"What?"

"Who the hell do you think ordered the bombs all those years ago? Who do you think ordered for you to be tortured?"

"He wouldn't-"

"Lieutenant, do you have the video with you?"

Black walked up to them and pulled a video from his phone, showing him a video we managed to get from servailence a couple of years ago, recovering it from a camera that was shot down,

The video started playing where Phillip ordered everything, where he told them to bomb the base, where he told them to take his kids, where he told them to keep Alex apart and do despicable things to them both,

"I... why?"

"Because he's a lunatic that needs more than just prison," Erick came from around the corner, "Good to see you nephew,"

"You to uncle. Okay so clearly I missed out on a lot, what happened to you uncle Erick? And you J?"

"Jaguar happened to me, and Phillip to uncle Erick," He took it in and walked over to Angelique and William,

"Are these the twins?" He asked and brushed a stray piece of hair from both of their eyes as they slept peacefully. Jennifer nodded and smiled, "They've gotten so big! How old are they now? Six?"

"Yeah. Hey Alex? How are you walking?"

"Oh um... I might've taken steroids? I wanted to come see you and help with whatever was going on,"

"I'm glad you're here, we need help with the computers, they won't turn on,"

Alex walked up to the system and played with a few wires under the table, and just like that, the computers turned on, illuminating the room more, starting its rebooting system, "I take it you're going to track him?"

"Yeah,"

"Do you have an idea where to start?"

"Well, he went to his old warehouse after he escaped from the lake house. Oh, and by the way, thanks for telling me about that damn door! If we knew about that, we would've had him by now,"

"Oh shit, I forgot about that. I was going to tell you, I swear!" He chuckled and scratched his head,

"Listen, I've been meaning to ask you two," Came Erick's voice, "Where the hell do you get everything? I mean majority of the stuff you have is military?"

"Oh yeah. Um... mom collected cars and everything, but eventually, she got bored of it and started to import military things for herself. It was more challenging to get and was what she liked. J and I loved helping her collect things, although we were more into planes and stuff like that, where she was interested in guns and cars. Did you show them our collection?" He asked Jennifer. She just smiled and shook her head. Walking towards a wall. She did a bunch of things and the wall split into two, opening up to a waterfall before she pressed something again, letting the water split.

What we saw in front of us, was even more impressive than what we've already seen. The entire new room that's been revealed, was built underwater. The room contained the biggest jet and plane collection that I've ever seen. I couldn't even begin to tell you which planes and jets were in here to start with.

"Okay, that's it. Where do you get all the money for this?"

"Mother. She always gave us the money for these type of these things, but if you asked where she got it, I wouldn't be able to tell you. My guess would be she got it from Phillip and he probably got it from his illegal activities,"

I was shocked with the number of things they had in their possession, although they never mentioned or used it? It was so weird but it made Jennifer all the more interesting. I have no idea where the sudden fascination came from for her, but if I'm being completely honest, it might have been there all along from the moment she walked into the kitchen, snapping and me and Calleb. She was beautiful, feisty, strong, had a gorgeous body figure, and had a stunning personality. She was definitely a woman I would want to get to know better. I wanted to get closer to her, I wanted to mean something to her because she sure as hell had a soft spot in my heart,