chapter 20

Joshua P.O.V

"Where are we going?" I asked the girl flying, we've been on the jet for a few hours. Angelique and William fell asleep about an hour into the flight after Jennifer asked me to give them something to sleep. After what they saw in that room, they need flippen therapy. They won't be able to sleep properly, I mean what damn father shows their child a room that looks like that?

"We're going to Mexico. But we need to refuel first to get there, so we're stopping at Greece," I told him looking back momentarily to see his confused face,

"What?"

"Why Greece specifically?"

"You'll... see when we get there,"

"Miss Rose, what's in Greece? We can't afford not to be honest with each other at the moment. There are people after us,"

I sighed and looked over at my uncle, he raised his eyebrow at me expectantly. "The reason why we're going there is because...look, the I don't want to go there as much as the next person does, especially you, Uncle Erick, but it's the only choice we have left."

"Why Greece, Jennifer?" He asked me with a serious look,

"Because of aunt Ann..."

"You didn't!" He yelled at me,

"Uncle-"

"NO!" He roared and stood up, walking to the back, "You know what she did!" I put the jet on auto-pilot, following behind him,

"I do yes! That's why I don't want to either, but we have to! Where else do you suggest we fuel up? Ann will give the fuel for free with blackmail if not for nothing. She still likes me and doesn't know I know what she did. We can use that to our advantage,"

"And how the hell would you do that, Jennifer!?" He shouted at me,

"You and everyone else that she knows will stay in the jet, on second thought, everyone stays in the jet, we can't risk her telling anyone where we are. If she asks I'll tell her we were in the area and needed fuel to get back to Spain, she still thinks I live there!"

"I really really don't like that you planned this behind my back,"

"Well, will you have let me fly there if I did tell you?"

"No!"

"There you have your answer to why I did it!"

"Why shouldn't we go there? Or why are you against it, Erick?" Asked General Maree,

"Ann is my ex. She tried killing me and tried selling information to terrorists about me. She claimed that she had a disorder, but I highly doubt it,"

"And you want to go to this psychotic bitch?" Yelled Calleb,

"If she wants-"

"No, we're going somewhere else," Josh cut in,

"And where do you suppose we go?"

"To my home. My father owns an airport in Portugal. We can go there, he'll help us,"

"That's about six hours away from us now. We still have enough fuel left, so we'll be fine."

"Jennifer, before you go back to turn this around, next time ask," my uncle said with a stern look,

"Fine. Sorry for trying to keep us alive!" I snapped and walked back to the cockpit. "Hold on," I said as my uncle sat back down to help me as we turned the jet around.

"Jennifer-"

"Save it. I was wrong, you lot were right, I was just trying to help," I sighed and looked over at him,

"I know you were. But Ann is a very sore topic for me, and you wanted to go to her of all people to help, for all we know she could be working for your father, did you think about that?"

"No. No, I did not. As I said, I'm sorry." He smiled at me and patted my thigh as we continued to fly through the air.

*****

"Alright, I'll be back in a sec," I announced, walking to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and did my business. Splashing water on my face I looked up into the little mirror situated above the miniature sink. I had bags under my eyes, my hair looked like a mess, my body was exhausted and I forgot my pain pills at base. I didn't think we were going to be going to Mexico, but I think I still have some pills stashed where we're going anyway.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Josh's voice from outside the door. Opening it I looked up a him and smiled as I nodded. He smiled back down at me, giving me a peck, pulling me in for a hug,

"Josh what if your family is put into danger when we go to the airport?"

"They won't be. We won't be seeing my family at all, they won't know we're there,"

"But-"

"I know what I said. My father knows that I go on a lot of deployments, so he said if I ever needed to fill up or something I'm more than welcome to. Besides, he's a well-respected lawyer, no one will think he owns the airport," I was just about to reply when the jet started jerking around, causing Josh and me to stumble,

"Jennifer! Help over here!" My uncle shouted from the front of the jet. "What's wrong?"

"Does this thing have any missiles or something that you added?"

"No why?" I asked as I ran to the front,

"We've got company," Just then a missile was fired in our direction. I swerved out of its way just in time, looking down at the radar I saw that we have at least six other jets behind us, all ready to fire to kill.

"Everybody strap in! Make sure Angelique and William are secure!" I shouted and looked at my uncle,

"Ready to do this, kiddo?" He asked me with a grin, "Ready as I'll ever be,"